The Student Room Group

I don't understand anything in physics lol

I'm in my second year now and I have no idea how I got predicted an A, because I genuinely don't understand anything in lessons. I wish I dropped it, but it's too late now as UCAS is sent off an everything. How do I understand physics????? I want to spend more time on physics work, but I just don't have the time to either, as my other A-level subjects are of a higher priority. Help please if u have any advice :smile:
So...you don't understand physics....and got predicted A....lucky you..swap places with me :smile:
same, I got predicted an A too. do exam questions by topic on physics and maths tutor, that should build up your confidence
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Chinmay V
So...you don't understand physics....and got predicted A....lucky you..swap places with me :smile:

lol yeah, but I think that's only because I was the only one in the class who bothered doing questions on Isaac, which my friends helped me with.
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1611
same, I got predicted an A too. do exam questions by topic on physics and maths tutor, that should build up your confidence

Yeah i guess, but I don't know what to do about the practicals, because most of our results are usually wrong :/
Is there a link to where all the practicals are listed and explained?
Original post by jellu
lol yeah, but I think that's only because I was the only one in the class who bothered doing questions on Isaac, which my friends helped me with.

Even though I am predicted B, my advise as a Physics lover is that you should start with first clearing your mind,
like do meditation or listen to music or something for 5-10minutes.

Then use either a complete coursebook like CGP Physics or use "A level physics online" who is a youtuber for thorough explanations on any topic you find difficult to understand. Doing question papers is next priority as you already seem to know how to tackle them. So, just go through the above steps to boost your confidence and you will be fine good luck!! :smile:
Original post by jellu
Yeah i guess, but I don't know what to do about the practicals, because most of our results are usually wrong :/

Go to AQA's website if it's your board and then go to practicals and download the pdf. It has the method clearly explained with sample results with some of them.
Original post by jellu

AQA (if that's your exam board) website
Damien king's YouTube channel has all the practicals and results
GCSE and A-level physics youtube channel explains the practicals for you.
There’s a YouTube channel called “science shorts” I think, and they do videos on a level physics, as well as go through some past papers, so that might help
Reply 9
Original post by MinatoNamikaze
Even though I am predicted B, my advise as a Physics lover is that you should start with first clearing your mind,
like do meditation or listen to music or something for 5-10minutes.

Then use either a complete coursebook like CGP Physics or use "A level physics online" who is a youtuber for thorough explanations on any topic you find difficult to understand. Doing question papers is next priority as you already seem to know how to tackle them. So, just go through the above steps to boost your confidence and you will be fine good luck!! :smile:

Thanks for the advice! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by danmitchell
There’s a YouTube channel called “science shorts” I think, and they do videos on a level physics, as well as go through some past papers, so that might help

Thanks! I'll check that out :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Leviathan1611
AQA (if that's your exam board) website
Damien king's YouTube channel has all the practicals and results
GCSE and A-level physics youtube channel explains the practicals for you.

Thanks for all those sources! But my board's Edexcel (my most hated board yikes)
Original post by jellu
Thanks for all those sources! But my board's Edexcel (my most hated board yikes)

Yeh I don't fancy it as well, but for practicals they might be similar like AQA, if not just do general search on youtube. If it still doesn't help use a good method for the experiment and request your teacher do it again in your free period maybe?
Reply 13
Yeh I don't fancy it as well, but for practicals they might be similar like AQA, if not just do general search on youtube. If it still doesn't help use a good method for the experiment and request your teacher do it again in your free period maybe?

lol yeah i guess i could ask her to do it again, but she already hates me and i don't wanna miss a free for physics ahaha. Maybe when i'm extremely desperate
Original post by jellu
lol yeah i guess i could ask her to do it again, but she already hates me and i don't wanna miss a free for physics ahaha. Maybe when I'm extremely desperate

That teacher sounds just like my chemistry teacher, well...you gotta try if you can't find it on youtube and if you really need those results. Also, frees are not frees, if you get what i mean :smile:
Reply 15
That teacher sounds just like my chemistry teacher, well...you gotta try if you can't find it on youtube and if you really need those results. Also, frees are not frees, if you get what i mean :smile:

yeah, i get you, but with so many distractions it's just so hard lmao. I will literally find anything as an excuse for my laziness and procrastination lol
Original post by jellu
yeah, i get you, but with so many distractions it's just so hard lmao. I will literally find anything as an excuse for my laziness and procrastination lol

Same here can't advise u on that :3 I like taking breaks as well.

Quick Reply

Latest