The Student Room Group

Beware of Scam

Anyone heard about agency called bookings management , amazedmodels or TMMC the model management? Which charge you huge amount for images to your portfolio ? Leeds, Manchester, London? Please share your story with me as I think been a victim of Fraud and Scam yesterday in Leeds.

Scroll to see replies

what they did ?

I am doing a contract, with them.

Original post by Anonymous
Anyone heard about agency called bookings management , amazedmodels or TMMC the model management? Which charge you huge amount for images to your portfolio ? Leeds, Manchester, London? Please share your story with me as I think been a victim of Fraud and Scam yesterday in Leeds.
Same amazedmodels have contacted be useful to know what they did? Alll i know amazedmodels is also called booking management
What finally happened?,because I have to sign a contract with them and don't know if I should
Reply 4
Hello. What kind of contract they're want you to sign? They 're charge you huge amount for pictures to your portfolio and they're shouldn't as the law. Check agency profile. Google it check address it's not even well known agency
Reply 5
Hi this is definitely a scam Model management invited my children 6 and 9 to a test shoot. A company called Panoramic studio Ltd who manage a low grade studio in a run down part of Camden Town then tried to sell me the images for £600 and advised I had passed the test shoot and would recommend me to TNMC another bogus company who claim to set up a website profile for you and manage your portfolio. They charge £100 subscription fee.

The worse thing about this scenario is they lied to my kids who now think they have been chosen by a reputable agency.

When I researched these company they are All scams to collect money from people with false claims and promises of promoting you with model agencies

I have reported them to ACTION FRAUD please do the same so we can close them down.

To summarise NO REPUTABLE MODEL AGENCY WILL ASK YOU TO PAY FOR A PORTFOLIO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEND IN A BODY AND HEADSHOT. If they sign you up and you get work you can then develop a portfolio yourself via a reputable photographer.

ALso a good website to promote yourself and find work is STARNOW
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there, I was also asked to bring my baby along to some photo shoots but before anything, they wanted an annual joining fee of £140. I kept asking them questions about castings and I was told that my son had been short listed which was really ‘good’ and that I should act quick. Within the few hours to be precise! I told them I would think about it as I’ve been told not to pay upfront unless it’s a shoot in which case they take a 25% cut. The lady on the phone seemed more interested in the money and didn’t provide all the information. She also indirectly said that even though my son had been ‘chosen’, there was no guarantee that he would get paid work. Dragging a baby to different locations in the city, waiting for hours on end at the shoot and not being given the job at the end seems very unfair.
Original post by HumeraS
Hi there, I was also asked to bring my baby along to some photo shoots but before anything, they wanted an annual joining fee of £140. I kept asking them questions about castings and I was told that my son had been short listed which was really ‘good’ and that I should act quick. Within the few hours to be precise! I told them I would think about it as I’ve been told not to pay upfront unless it’s a shoot in which case they take a 25% cut. The lady on the phone seemed more interested in the money and didn’t provide all the information. She also indirectly said that even though my son had been ‘chosen’, there was no guarantee that he would get paid work. Dragging a baby to different locations in the city, waiting for hours on end at the shoot and not being given the job at the end seems very unfair.

Did you pay them?
Reply 8
nope
Reply 9
Hi Eveyone I also received an email and text from FUSION MANAGEMENT .......... connected to the other scam companies asking me to sign up so be careful of follow on emails
There's lot of companies names related with them. And completely different company charge you for images to your portfolio. I did a research about that company and I found out who's the owner and that the company names and addresses changed few times in previous year. So I think that's how they cheating the law.
Hi, I signed my son up with booking management on Friday and now worried I have made a huge mistake ! They have said we have also been accepted by TMMC. I don't know what I should now do as I have paid them money ! Can anyone help who has already gone through this.
How much did u pay them? There is not much to do. These are now what they doing. I called to citizen advice theyre send me a sample of misunderstanding act 1967 and I've sended that to them. Didn't received any reply. TMMC agency is a crap it's not even on the list of model agencies in Manchester or London. It's appear on Google as Ad. If you're sign up with them they will charge u another amount for place on their website. I found the girl who signed up with them. According to the law they shouldn't charge your for images and if they do you should to have 30days cooling off period
Hi. I have photo shoot with booking management at overbridge photography studio i has photo shoot done for free but after I payed I don’t know if scam or not payed 200 for pictures and website and tnmc and 2 other said there interested I emailed them asking if is please help
The photographic studio
TNMC
FUSION

Are all connected all part of a scam to take money from you.

You can try to recover your money via the citizen advice and raise a dispute via your credit card company if you paid with a credit card. Saying you did not receive the goods and requested a refund.
Please send a formal compliant to ACTION FRAUD AND CAMDEN TRADING STANDARDS.

Request a refund and if you paid via credit card submit a dispute for goods not received.
Reply 16
Original post by Samritch19930
Hi. I have photo shoot with booking management at overbridge photography studio i has photo shoot done for free but after I payed I don’t know if scam or not payed 200 for pictures and website and tnmc and 2 other said there interested I emailed them asking if is please help

Sorry to hear that, it’s a scam. They shouldn’t ask for money for a portfolio especially if they’ve advertised it for free. They’ll email you sending you to different locations and you will be asked to audition amongst the other 20+ potentials there. They don’t guarantee you work
Reply 17
Original post by CHARLIEE0710
Hi, I signed my son up with booking management on Friday and now worried I have made a huge mistake ! They have said we have also been accepted by TMMC. I don't know what I should now do as I have paid them money ! Can anyone help who has already gone through this.

They said the same thing to me but I refused to pay £200 for a few pictures as they’re not suppose to ask you for any money upfront. They also charge for an annual fee. Once the ‘lady’ started getting frustrated she offered to lower down the price to £100! She was so bloody desperate and kept saying that TMMC are VERY interested in my son! Bloody frauds!
Reply 18
Original post by HumeraS
They said the same thing to me but I refused to pay £200 for a few pictures as they’re not suppose to ask you for any money upfront. They also charge for an annual fee. Once the ‘lady’ started getting frustrated she offered to lower down the price to £100! She was so bloody desperate and kept saying that TMMC are VERY interested in my son! Bloody frauds!

Hope you get your money back
Hi! I had a photo shoot in Leeds and they told me the same things but I was charged £400. I told them I can't pay it so they asked for £50 deposit. When I got the emails from the other studios they wanted to charge me aswell. Now my final payment is due and I don't know what to do?

Quick Reply

Latest