Ask for 30 Days cooling of period
CHARLIEE0710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by maciejka1992)
Ask for 30 Days cooling of period
What does this mean and how do I do that now I've paid ?
HumeraS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by kitti.havasi)
Hi! I had a photo shoot in Leeds and they told me the same things but I was charged £400. I told them I can't pay it so they asked for £50 deposit. When I got the emails from the other studios they wanted to charge me aswell. Now my final payment is due and I don't know what to do?
Did you pay the deposit? Sounds like a scam. They shouldn’t ask you for any money until you’ve landed a job/shooting in which case they take 25%
kitti.havasi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HumeraS)
Did you pay the deposit? Sounds like a scam. They shouldn’t ask you for any money until you’ve landed a job/shooting in which case they take 25%
Yes I paid. I'm not really bothered about my deposit but I don't want to pay the rest for a scam.
zayok1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i paid them £200 for my pictures what should i do??
kitti.havasi
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by maciejka1992)
How much did u pay them? There is not much to do. These are now what they doing. I called to citizen advice theyre send me a sample of misunderstanding act 1967 and I've sended that to them. Didn't received any reply. TMMC agency is a crap it's not even on the list of model agencies in Manchester or London. It's appear on Google as Ad. If you're sign up with them they will charge u another amount for place on their website. I found the girl who signed up with them. According to the law they shouldn't charge your for images and if they do you should to have 30days cooling off period
Hi! I got fooled by the same company, the only difference is for me that I didn't had the money to pay straight away so i paid £50 deposit and I got 2 months to pay the rest for the pictures. ( I didn't receive them yet) Do you think i still have a chance to cool off?
HumeraS
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yes I paid. I'm not really bothered about my deposit but I don't want to pay the rest for a scam.
Don’t pay them the rest. They’ll tell you what to want to hear just to get your money. Stand your ground. They’ll tell you pay an annual fee as well which again is against the law. Hope this helps
HumeraS
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi! I got fooled by the same company, the only difference is for me that I didn't had the money to pay straight away so i paid £50 deposit and I got 2 months to pay the rest for the pictures. ( I didn't receive them yet) Do you think i still have a chance to cool off?
You’ll only be paying for your pictures as they don’t guarantee work.
Linnaise
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi Kitti

dont worry you are under no obligation to pay the balance. Just email them and say you would like to cancel your order. If they try to take the balance by card you can reclaim via your bank under disputed payments. In fact block your card just in case and request a new one.

Hi! I had a photo shoot in Leeds and they told me the same things but I was charged £400. I told them I can't pay it so they asked for £50 deposit. When I got the emails from the other studios they wanted to charge me aswell. Now my final payment is due and I don't know what to do?
Last edited by Linnaise; 4 months ago
HumeraS
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Linnaise)
Hi Kitti

dont worry you are under no obligation to pay the balance. Just email them and say you would like to cancel your order. If they try to take the balance by card you can reclaim via your bank under disputed payments. In fact block your card just in case and request a new one.

Exactly what Linnaise said
kitti.havasi
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Thanks very much for all of your help 🙂 I have reported them to action fraud. I found an other useful topic and the real agency's website with a huge warning, If anyone needs it I can send it.
maciejka1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is it bookings London agency? I saw scam warning on their website.
Eddy253
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi this is definitely a scam Model management invited my children 6 and 9 to a test shoot. A company called Panoramic studio Ltd who manage a low grade studio in a run down part of Camden Town then tried to sell me the images for £600 and advised I had passed the test shoot and would recommend me to TNMC another bogus company who claim to set up a website profile for you and manage your portfolio. They charge £100 subscription fee.

The worse thing about this scenario is they lied to my kids who now think they have been chosen by a reputable agency.

When I researched these company they are All scams to collect money from people with false claims and promises of promoting you with model agencies

I have reported them to ACTION FRAUD please do the same so we can close them down.

To summarise NO REPUTABLE MODEL AGENCY WILL ASK YOU TO PAY FOR A PORTFOLIO ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEND IN A BODY AND HEADSHOT. If they sign you up and you get work you can then develop a portfolio yourself via a reputable photographer.

ALso a good website to promote yourself and find work is STARNOW
Oh my god, was it underneath a betting shop in Camden (you had to go down a black staircase and enter through a side door)? I think I might have gone to the same place yesterday. It was called Modelsstandard. Can you describe yours a little further?
Also, are you sure it was called 'TNMC' because I got sent emails afterwards by TMMC?
Last edited by Eddy253; 4 months ago
Eddy253
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Please send a formal compliant to ACTION FRAUD AND CAMDEN TRADING STANDARDS.

Request a refund and if you paid via credit card submit a dispute for goods not received.
Yess this is really good advice guys. I did the same and hopefully I'll get a refund.
HumeraS
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Eddy253)
Oh my god, was it underneath a betting shop in Camden (you had to go down a black staircase and enter through a side door)? I think I might have gone to the same place yesterday. It was called Modelsstandard. Can you describe yours a little further?
Also, are you sure it was called 'TNMC' because I got sent emails afterwards by TMMC?
Yup! It’s exactly there. Lol it’s called many different name by the looks of it. Did they ask you to pay for your portfolio?
HumeraS
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Yup! It’s exactly there. Lol it’s called many different name by the looks of it. Did they ask you to pay for your portfolio?
They told me that my son was accepted and short listed by a company called TMMC. But I think they use different names with different people, that’s how they don’t get caught.
Eddy253
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
No not the photos as such. However like an idiot, I paid £299 for a website which in all fairness looks very professional but they haven't given me a receipt or access to be able to edit it.
Although the photos were good, they were very misleading and I'm furious that I stupidly paid £299 and got very little in return.

Quick question, after the photoshoot, did this lady flatter you and tell you that many agencies will contact you and that it'll only be a matter of time before you'll make thousands!!?
Since then I've been contacted by other clever model company scams.
Were there many people in the waiting room?
There were for me and little did they know that they were falling into a trap.
Ughh I'm an idiot for falling for their trick.
Eddy253
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
They told me that my son was accepted and short listed by a company called TMMC. But I think they use different names with different people, that’s how they don’t get caught.
I got contacted by TMMC ugh I'm so annoyed that I fell for this trap.
HumeraS
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Eddy253)
I got contacted by TMMC ugh I'm so annoyed that I fell for this trap.
Really sorry to hear about your experience. Someone on this thread or a related thread was talking about how you can claim your money back. I personally don’t know how to do this but if you have a look, I’m sure you’ll be able to find some info ragarding the fee you paid. I really hope you’re able to get a refund. All the best
fatz888
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Heyya, have you received any jobs yet from overbridge photography?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads