millie3451
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Who has applied for Criminology courses for September 2019?
Keepfaith2017
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I have, Bristol, Bath, Southampton, Birmingham, Exeter where have you applied? Do you have any offers?
theuncannyshi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me,
Uni of Manchester man met Leeds
hobbs9110
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to
UWE
Winchester
Surrey
Sussex
Nottingham Trent
0livia56432
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes has anyone got an offer back?
theuncannyshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0livia56432)
Yes has anyone got an offer back?
All of mine
hobbs9110
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All mine
Chloes15
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Criminology at Winchester, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Westminster
em1lyturner
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chloes15)
Criminology at Winchester, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Westminster
I’ve applied to Plymouth and Winchester as well for Criminology
Zarzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Criminology at Manchester Met and Sheffield Hallam, got unconditional offers for both
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zarzzz)
Criminology at Manchester Met and Sheffield Hallam, got unconditional offers for both
Hi Zarzzz

Congratulations on your offer! Let me know if you have any questions about your course or student life in Sheffield!

Thanks
Bridget
Zarzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks
Last edited by Zarzzz; 1 year ago
Zarzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hi Zarzzz

Congratulations on your offer! Let me know if you have any questions about your course or student life in Sheffield!

Thanks
Bridget
Thanks, do you know what a rough criminology timetable for a week at uni consists of pls? and what modules I can take?
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks, do you know what a rough criminology timetable for a week at uni consists of pls? and what modules I can take?
Hi Zarzzz

Timetables aren't normally given out until nearer your start date. However, here is some information on the modules from the course leader:

He said.. "Please let the students know that these modules can be subject to change. If they want to know more it would be great for them to come to an open day."

Criminological Landscapes – This is a first year introductory module which covers the nature of criminology, from its historical origins up to the disciplines more contemporary concerns. It will cover key authors and theories that have attempted to explain the causes of crime, the definitions of crime and the nature of the criminal justice system.

Graduate Research And Development – GRAD is a first year module broken in to two parts that run throughout the full year (GRAD 1 and GRAD 2). GRAD 1 prepares you for university study by teaching the skills of academic reading and argument. You will also begin building employability skills through a project with South Yorkshire Police. GRAD 2 is your first introduction to graduate research methods where you will develop both quantitative and qualitative research skills.

Deconstructing Research – This is a second year module which builds on GRAD 2 where you undertake your own mixed methods research project. Currently the components of this project are a questionnaire and a media analysis.

Crime And Justice In The Information Age – This is a third year module which introduces students to the specifics of crime in the digital age. Specifically it focuses on internet based cybercrime, the types of criminality engaged in and the difficulties and challenges of regulating this virtual space.

Simulating Justice Practice – This module follows specific criminal case studies in an authentic manner in which you are presented a wide range of evidence and information about an offender. You will be evaluating this information in order to take a critical perspective on their release and their resettlement. The module introduces you to a range of different agencies who may be involved in this resettlement work.

Making Desistance And Recovery A Reality – This is a second year module that looks at the realities and challenges for offenders who try to move on from crime and substance abuse. It also looks at the agencies involved in assisting this desistance process.

Professional Practice On Placement – This is a second year semester long placement module in which students work with a relevant organisation several days a week for an entire semester. This has included previously; prisons, probation, victim support and substance abuse amongst others.

Inspiring Real World Criminology – This module further develops your research and employability skills by allowing you to work on a project set by a local organisation in the Criminal Justice sector.

One of our student ambassadors studies Psychology and Criminology so she can share her experiences of the course too if you like? hallamstudents

Let me know if you have anymore questions,
Bridget
Last edited by Sheffield Hallam University; 1 year ago
puta91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im doing criminology at manchester! most interesting degree ever!
Zarzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by puta91)
What modules have u studied so far? I got accepted at Manchester too but unsure on which uni to go...depending on the modules studied?
puta91
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
they vary each year you have 2 core units each year: first year was understanding criminology, criminal justice now, contemporary british society (sociology) and working with quantitive research and doing qualitative evidence (stats)
theuncannyshi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by puta91)
Man met or man uni?
puta91
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
man met
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congratulations on your offer! Let us know if there's anything you'd like to know about the course or studying at Manchester Met

All the best,

Matt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
26.05%
Less motivated (88)
73.95%

Watched Threads