Cyberstart Assess

Watch this thread
zoe_p
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have completed all 14 of the challenges and was just wondering how everyone else is doing. Also if you need any hints feel free to dm me
c0rnholio
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Done all except for challenge 10 (maths at light speed), would appreciate some hints. Already inspected the spin button + answer submission and seen things change (/challenge-10/answer), don't know where to take it from there
zoe_p
Rep:
(Original post by c0rnholio)
Done all except for challenge 10 (maths at light speed), would appreciate some hints. Already inspected the spin button + answer submission and seen things change (/challenge-10/answer), don't know where to take it from there
You need to use what has changed to enable you to enter the answer after the answer has locked
icefi1
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe_p)
You need to use what has changed to enable you to enter the answer after the answer has locked
how do you do that?
zoe_p
Rep:
(Original post by icefi1)
how do you do that?
If you enter the part that has changed back into the code, it will allow you to enter the answer and submit it even after the calculator has locked
girlopathic
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe_p)
I have completed all 14 of the challenges and was just wondering how everyone else is doing. Also if you need any hints feel free to dm me
I have done all of them except 6; i kinda know how to do it but the code that I put in using the turnCircle function doesn't work. Do you have any tips?
zoe_p
Rep:
(Original post by girlopathic)
I have done all of them except 6; i kinda know how to do it but the code that I put in using the turnCircle function doesn't work. Do you have any tips?
The function is correct, note how you have to call the number - it is the word not the digit. Also use the hint in the console to find the degree you want to use
girlopathic
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe_p)
The function is correct, note how you have to call the number - it is the word not the digit. Also use the hint in the console to find the degree you want to use
yes i have been doing that. Every time i type turnCircle = function(one, 88) it comes up with 'missing formal parameter'
zoe_p
Rep:
yes i have been doing that. Every time i type turnCircle = function(one, 88) it comes up with 'missing formal parameter'
The number must be in quotation marks, also check the digit against the hint - it shouldn’t be positive
girlopathic
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe_p)
The number must be in quotation marks, also check the digit against the hint - it shouldn’t be positive
cool beans. I checked it and got a different answer (negative value this time) and now it just says 'true'
zoe_p
Rep:
cool beans. I checked it and got a different answer (negative value this time) and now it just says 'true'
Have the circles stopped moving/ are you able to control how they turn
girlopathic
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe_p)
Have the circles stopped moving/ are you able to control how they turn
nope. Nothing has happened to them.
zoe_p
Rep:
nope. Nothing has happened to them.
turnCircle(“one“, -83) for example should work I believe but play around with that sort of input to get the circles to move out of the way
girlopathic
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe_p)
turnCircle(“one“, -83) for example should work I believe but play around with that sort of input to get the circles to move out of the way
ahahha yes they have stopped turning now! I had missed a speech mark out.
girlopathic
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by girlopathic)ahahha yes they have stopped turning now! I had missed a speech mark out.

(Original post by zoe_p)
What do i need to do once they have stopped moving? I hate asking you all these questions but honestly, I don't understand how I managed to complete 14 and not 6 hahaha
zoe_p
Rep:
(Original post by girlopathic)ahahha yes they have stopped turning now! I had missed a speech mark out.

What do i need to do once they have stopped moving? I hate asking you all these questions but honestly, I don't understand how I managed to complete 14 and not 6 hahaha
Use the function a couple more times with the different number circles, it should move them, keep going until they are all out of the way and it unlocks
girlopathic
Rep:
Report 3 years ago

(Original post by zoe_p)

(Original post by zoe_p)
Use the function a couple more times with the different number circles, it should move them, keep going until they are all out of the way and it unlocks
do i need to change the degrees?
zoe_p
Rep:

do i need to change the degrees?
I don’t know, I used different but you might be able to use the same
girlopathic
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoe_p)
I don’t know, I used different but you might be able to use the same
Thank you so much for all of your help! I only have two circles left now
dddddd1233321
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I need help on question 10
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads