The Student Room Group

A-levels and homeschooling

Can I be homeschooled for Year 12 and then go back to sixth form, would I have to retake Year 12?
Reply 1
Completely unrelated sorry but your username is noice
Original post by em1602
Completely unrelated sorry but your username is noice

Haha literally you're the first person to understand! :biggrin::h:
Reply 3
Original post by toitnups
Haha literally you're the first person to understand! :biggrin::h:

Woooo 😂
Original post by em1602
Woooo 😂

JANUARY!!!
Reply 5
JANUARY!!!

I knowww. Is that just in America tho or is it in the uk too?????
Original post by em1602
I knowww. Is that just in America tho or is it in the uk too?????

I don't know but it probably is America and I just realised it's gonna be ages until it comes out on Netflix aswell :frown:
Reply 7
I don't know but it probably is America and I just realised it's gonna be ages until it comes out on Netflix aswell

They don’t even have season 5 😭
I used putlocker for season 5 🤭
Reply 9
I used putlocker for season 5

Ooooh
I watched it on e4, not sure how much later it came out on there than on us tv tho
Can I be homeschooled for Year 12 and then go back to sixth form, would I have to retake Year 12?

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
I think if you taught yourself the exact same topics as the ones the sixth form offered, and they knew your individual case well, I think it would be okay? It would be too hard to catch up and unlearn the wrong stuff.

If there was a good reason to do so a school might be willing to consider it. The only really good reason I could think of would be if you were unable to attend year 12 due to physical or mental health problems.
IF a school considers you for joining year 13, how would you prove you have a thorough understanding of the year 12 content and so would not be a burden on the teaching staff helping you to catch up.? There could also be some issues if your subject choices have assessed coursework or practicals that are completed or even just started in year 12, again the school will be concerned about enabling you to catch up. The only reliable way to find out if your plan is an option will be to ask schools and colleges what their reaction would be.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by AmberStudies
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
I think if you taught yourself the exact same topics as the ones the sixth form offered, and they knew your individual case well, I think it would be okay? It would be too hard to catch up and unlearn the wrong stuff.

No doubt no doubt
Original post by gdunne42
If there was a good reason to do so a school might be willing to consider it. The only really good reason I could think of would be if you were unable to attend year 12 due to physical or mental health problems.
IF a school considers you for joining year 13, how would you prove you have a thorough understanding of the year 12 content and so would not be a burden on the teaching staff helping you to catch up.? There could also be some issues if your subject choices have assessed coursework or practicals that are completed or even just started in year 12, again the school will be concerned about enabling you to catch up. The only reliable way to find out if your plan is an option will be to ask schools and colleges what their reaction would be.

I’d want to repeat year 12
I’d want to repeat year 12

Then most schools would consider your application for a place.
Original post by gdunne42
Then most schools would consider your application for a place.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest