The Student Room Group

Compare ozymandias+checkin out me history

How would one compare these two poems. I mean they’re both power: reclamation of power and political statement against it.
Any idea welcome
Bump
examine how the poet presents power.
eg. the use of the light imagery in comh strengthens the image of the black figures whereas decay imagery is used extensively in ozymandias to show the king's loss of power over time.
in ozymandias the power of the artist of his statue is highlighted ("tell that its sculptor well these passion read which yet survive") more than the king himself- you can link this to how the poet was a romantics poet (the power of art etc)
in comh it's a constant battle between these history figures and people who try to cover this history but at the end, it's clear that the speaker's reclaiming this power and it's an ongoing process- "i carving out me own identity"
Original post by entertainmyfaith
examine how the poet presents power.
eg. the use of the light imagery in comh strengthens the image of the black figures whereas decay imagery is used extensively in ozymandias to show the king's loss of power over time.
in ozymandias the power of the artist of his statue is highlighted ("tell that its sculptor well these passion read which yet survive") more than the king himself- you can link this to how the poet was a romantics poet (the power of art etc)
in comh it's a constant battle between these history figures and people who try to cover this history but at the end, it's clear that the speaker's reclaiming this power and it's an ongoing process- "i carving out me own identity"

Thank you!:smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending