Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I applied for PGCE maths secondary with three institutions.

So after a very interesting November where I had 4 days of teacher training interviews.

For one I had two interviews where in the second, I had to do a year 9 maths lesson. I was quite nervous, but thankfully I got very good feedback for the lesson. I used current artists, memes and games that kids know and put them into problem solving questions. Even got a round of applause at the end which was quite nice.

I have received offers from all three places, but the offers I received are conditional, of course. I have been asked to make a choice soon by UCAS.

So I wanted to ask how does it work? Can I make a firm and insurance choice in case I don't get into my preferred provider? The grade conditions are different so that is why.

If I did select my preferred choice but didn't meet the requirements by summer, would I then have the choice to either choose the other providers that applied for, or a completely different provider assuming they still had spaces?

Thank you guys,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunter_5)
    Hey guys,

I applied for PGCE maths secondary with three institutions.

So after a very interesting November where I had 4 days of teacher training interviews.

For one I had two interviews where in the second, I had to do a year 9 maths lesson. I was quite nervous, but thankfully I got very good feedback for the lesson. I used current artists, memes and games that kids know and put them into problem solving questions. Even got a round of applause at the end which was quite nice.

I have received offers from all three places, but the offers I received are conditional, of course. I have been asked to make a choice soon by UCAS.

So I wanted to ask how does it work? Can I make a firm and insurance choice in case I don't get into my preferred provider? The grade conditions are different so that is why.

If I did select my preferred choice but didn't meet the requirements by summer, would I then have the choice to either choose the other providers that applied for, or a completely different provider assuming they still had spaces?

Thank you guys,
    Nope - you can only confirm one, and you must reject the other offers. If you don't meet the degree grade requirement for your confirmed choice, then there's a chance they might let you in anyway (it's not like they go into Clearing to fill spaces), but otherwise I'm guessing Apply 2 would be available for you to use, in terms of applying to other providers (I'd ask Get Into Teaching or UCAS about that though). If that is the case, then you could theoretically re-apply to your other choices, but your place wouldn't be guaranteed as you would have previously turned them down.

I'd definitely ask UCAS or Get Into Teaching, but the main point is that you're not guaranteed a space anywhere if you miss the grade requirement of your confirmed choice.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.