Turn on thread page Beta

Syrian refugee waterboarded watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44qZK7uheSw

Right, let's look at this from a sensible point of view as opposed to a sensationalist one. This was not a 'waterboarding', this was a bully pouring water on his face. Indeed, he was a syrian refugee, but there is not evidence to suggest he was attacked for being a refugee, which is further suggested by comments made by the bully showing that their was supposedly something prior that instigated this attack. I understand a refugee has had a hard life, butt there are three key things I've noticed: 1) The child left the UK (with a good 130k in the back pocket) and has gone to live with family, suggesting why he came to the UK when he had family in another country (welfare state per chance) 2) £130k was raised for this kid, fair play - he's a victim of war. However, it is interesting how there is also a recent news story of an iranian refugee who strangled and killed an 80 year old grandmother, so that he could have her garden allotment. The family of this grandmother was not raised any money, and if so it didn't receive any media attention (possibly a little, but not seen any) 3) The 'bully' has ben targeted by people of Arabic/Middle Eastern/Islamic origins who, as seen by their grammar and writing, struggle to make clear, simple statements (and yes, they do live in the uK). This targeting has seen people saying they are going to visit his home and murder him, r**e his family, r**e him etc. etc. Yet, this as well has received no media coverage.

Maybe there is a full video out there where the bully highlights that he is attacking the kid (questionable) because he is a refugee, however right not it seems that people like the Young Turks are making unsubstantiated claims which have resulted in the bully and his family being put under special protection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)

Right, let's look at this from a sensible point of view as opposed to a sensationalist one. This was not a 'waterboarding', this was a bully pouring water on his face.
    That is why people have compared it to waterboarding and called it effectively waterboarding - no mainstream source, or sensible petrson, has said the child was actually waterboarded.
    Indeed, he was a syrian refugee, but there is not evidence to suggest he was attacked for being a refugee, which is further suggested by comments made by the bully showing that their was supposedly something prior that instigated this attack.
    We also have the prior year of bullying and that of his sister, something that is doubtful to be simply down to happenstance and even if it wasnt due to him being a refugee this is a clear cut case of assault and ABH so why are you trying to defend this?
    I understand a refugee has had a hard life, butt there are three key things I've noticed: 1) The child left the UK (with a good 130k in the back pocket) and has gone to live with family, suggesting why he came to the UK when he had family in another country (welfare state per chance) 2) £130k was raised for this kid, fair play - he's a victim of war.
    Are you seriously peddling some disgraceful conspiracy that this was a money making exercise on his part? That is disgusting and has erased any credibility you might have conceivably had.
    However, it is interesting how there is also a recent news story of an iranian refugee who strangled and killed an 80 year old grandmother, so that he could have her garden allotment. The family of this grandmother was not raised any money, and if so it didn't receive any media attention (possibly a little, but not seen any)
    Now we know that you're spreading lies simply because the kid was one of those brown sorts. Aside from the fact Iranians and Syrians share nothing in common what you have said here is on a par with Britain first and other neo nazi organisation.
    3) The 'bully' has ben targeted by people of Arabic/Middle Eastern/Islamic origins
    Islamic origins? When was the last time someone said a Saudi was the same as an Iranian or an Indonesian or indeed a Nigerian? Please stop being so profoundly ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    That is why people have compared it to waterboarding and called it effectively waterboarding - no mainstream source, or sensible petrson, has said the child was actually waterboarded.
    The evening standard and telegraph are pretty mainstream, so is sky news.

(Original post by Napp)
    We also have the prior year of bullying and that of his sister, something that is doubtful to be simply down to happenstance and even if it wasnt due to him being a refugee this is a clear cut case of assault and ABH so why are you trying to defend this?
    Clearly you're struggling with basic comprehension, because nowhere did I defend assault. in case you're still confused, the action of assaulting someone is not the same as a motive for doing so. Pretty basic.

(Original post by Napp)
    Are you seriously peddling some disgraceful conspiracy that this was a money making exercise on his part? That is disgusting and has erased any credibility you might have conceivably had.
    Again basic comprehension, questioning why they moved to Britain as opposed to moving close to his family is not the same as suggesting the attack was orchestrated by the refugee for money. You really are grasping at non-existent straws here, it's quite funny.

(Original post by Napp)
    Now we know that you're spreading lies simply because the kid was one of those brown sorts. Aside from the fact Iranians and Syrians share nothing in common what you have said here is on a par with Britain first and other neo nazi organisation.
    What lies have I spread? The 'lie' that there has been no widespread funding effort for a murdered grandmother (but it's a fact soon). Last time I checked, facts are not lies, I'm shocked that you seem to think so. And who said anything about Syrians and Iranians being in common? Oh right, it was you. I said they were both refugees which, as they were both refugees, is a pretty fair statement. When did it become a neo nazi stereotype to question why the media only peddle one side of an argument? They've been doing it for years, and you would have to be a fool to think otherwise, sorry to break it to you.

(Original post by Napp)
    Islamic origins? When was the last time someone said a Saudi was the same as an Iranian or an Indonesian or indeed a Nigerian? Please stop being so profoundly ignorant.
    The last time? Well, just then, when you suggested it for the first time. Islamic countries and populations share similar cultures because, you know, culture is often based on religion (fact). Are you denying that the bully hasn't been targeted by people that overwhelmingly come from similar cultures, and as a result, often similar mindsets?

It's laughable how easy it was to rubbish your virtue signalling spiel, and it's a common tactic by people like you. "oh, we can't argue with facts, so let's just make things up", see how far that gets you in life.

ReputationRep:
    The evening standard and telegraph are pretty mainstream, so is sky news.
    That's nice can you show me where they said he was actually waterboarded as opposed to using it as a comparison though..

Clearly you're struggling with basic comprehension, because nowhere did I defend assault. in case you're still confused, the action of assaulting someone is not the same as a motive for doing so. Pretty basic.
    Literally in your last post kiddo.
    Again basic comprehension, questioning why they moved to Britain as opposed to moving close to his family is not the same as suggesting the attack was orchestrated by the refugee for money. You really are grasping at non-existent straws here, it's quite funny.
    It beggars belief that you're trying to deny you said things which are literally on this page.

What lies have I spread? The 'lie' that there has been no widespread funding effort for a murdered grandmother (but it's a fact soon). Last time I checked, facts are not lies, I'm shocked that you seem to think so. And who said anything about Syrians and Iranians being in common? Oh right, it was you. I said they were both refugees which, as they were both refugees, is a pretty fair statement. When did it become a neo nazi stereotype to question why the media only peddle one side of an argument? They've been doing it for years, and you would have to be a fool to think otherwise, sorry to break it to you.
    I'm not sure if you really are just stupid or are just trying to dig ypourself out of the preposterous hole you made for yourself - although given your picture is of the founder of a quasi fascist group of half wits i think we both know the answer to that don't we, sport.

The last time? Well, just then, when you suggested it for the first time. Islamic countries and populations share similar cultures because, you know, culture is often based on religion (fact). Are you denying that the bully hasn't been targeted by people that overwhelmingly come from similar cultures, and as a result, often similar mindsets?
    Nil point for you there - if you seriously think countries as diverse as, for example, indonesia and Iran [both Muslim countries] have particularly similar cultures you are utterly deluded.

It's laughable how easy it was to rubbish your virtue signalling spiel, and it's a common tactic by people like you. "oh, we can't argue with facts, so let's just make things up", see how far that gets you in life.
    My who sorry?
    Seeing as you havent the foggiest who I am i rather doubt it kiddo
    You on the other hand are a dull witted ape from your posts who has demonstrated a spectacular idiocy when it comes to even the most facts in life. Then again, you are one of UKIP's fan boys, a group who arent exactly known for intelligence and are prone to bending over for Mr 'Robinson' - you enjoy yourself

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Napp;80838238]That's nice can you show me where they said he was actually waterboarded as opposed to using it as a comparison though.. /QUOTE]

I never directly said they were calling it a waterboarding, i was quoting the Young Turk. And, indeed, they use it as a comparison, which is just as bad.

(Original post by Napp)
    Literally in your last post kiddo.
    My last post said "he was a syrian refugee, but there is not evidence to suggest he was attacked for being a refugee" before i refer to it as "assault", tell me how that suggests i defend him beating him up. You call UKIPPers stupid yet you can't comprehend a simple concept.

(Original post by Napp)
    It beggars belief that you're trying to deny you said things which are literally on this page.
    What? Please copy and pasta the comment where I explicitly say the refugee had this video taken as part of a money-making scheme. Oh, right - you can't.

(Original post by Napp)
    I'm not sure if you really are just stupid or are just trying to dig ypourself out of the preposterous hole you made for yourself - although given your picture is of the founder of a quasi fascist group of half wits i think we both know the answer to that don't we, sport.
    It's like the kettle calling the pot black. How can you call me stupid when you've got no basis for saying so, except that i have a profile picture of Nigel Farage. It's almost like you're avoiding a real conversation... wonder why that would be? Again, if you can find a lie in my post, and copy and paste it (none of the crap you've been doing where you blatantly misunderstand or purposefully distort something i say) then I will admit it.

(Original post by Napp)
    Nil point for you there - if you seriously think countries as diverse as, for example, indonesia and Iran [both Muslim countries] have particularly similar cultures you are utterly deluded.
    Having visited both these countries, and knowing a significant number of people from both major Islamic belief strands in these countries - I can tell you the cultures are similar. However, from the past comments you've made I'll just make an educated guess that you confused the words 'same' and 'similar' - so I suggest you search them up before you make yourself look like more of an idiot.

(Original post by Napp)
    My who sorry? Seeing as you havent the foggiest who I am i rather doubt it kiddo You on the other hand are a dull witted ape from your posts who has demonstrated a spectacular idiocy when it comes to even the most facts in life. Then again, you are one of UKIP's fan boys, a group who arent exactly known for intelligence and are prone to bending over for Mr 'Robinson' - you enjoy yourself
    Your who? If you're referencing me call you out for your 'virtue signalling spiel', i think you may need another dictionary visit because you are clearly confused.

Dull-witted ape? You've made quite a lot of personal insults around my intelligence which is rather hypocritical, especially since you haven't made a single substantiated point.

And actually, I'm not a UKIP fan boy - just because I have a profile picture of Farage does not mean i support UKIP, but you needed something to desperately latch onto so I don't blame you.

I must say though, I'm not sure why you're calling me 'kiddo' and questioning my intelligence. Your attitude and posts have shown you can't be any older than 15, acting like an edgy teenager who can't fathom the idea of people having different opinions and using facts to think for themselves. On that note, I'm sure you must be revising for your upcoming GCSEs so I don't want to keep you, I'll just get back to preparing for my Oxford interview...

ReputationRep:
    Your who? If you're referencing me call you out for your 'virtue signalling spiel', i think you may need another dictionary visit because you are clearly confused.

Dull-witted ape? You've made quite a lot of personal insults around my intelligence which is rather hypocritical, especially since you haven't made a single substantiated point.

And actually, I'm not a UKIP fan boy - just because I have a profile picture of Farage does not mean i support UKIP, but you needed something to desperately latch onto so I don't blame you.

I must say though, I'm not sure why you're calling me 'kiddo' and questioning my intelligence. Your attitude and posts have shown you can't be any older than 15, acting like an edgy teenager who can't fathom the idea of people having different opinions and using facts to think for themselves. On that note, I'm sure you must be revising for your upcoming GCSEs so I don't want to keep you, I'll just get back to preparing for my Oxford interview...
    Ahh so the best you can do is retort that since you didn’t say the explicit words the inference wasn’t there? Oh very droll.

Pfft I’m sure you have 😂 the cultures of Iran and Indonesia are not even remotely the same, bar praying in the same direction. Your cretinous understanding the world is rather risible though so thank you very much for the giggle that gave me.

I was asking what this so called ‘virtue signalling’ was actually, I don’t recall doing such a thing.
    To borrow your nice little phrase - pot meet kettle there old bean.

Of course you’re not you just have a troglodyte as your profile picture because he’s cute, you seem to be forgetting I’ve come across you and your u pleasant posts before.

Uhuh, it’s a generally accepted rule that when someone has to try and make a claim of going to oxford (you didn’t even get that far, alas) its a fair bet they’re fibbing. So have fun with your alevels kiddo.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Trying your best to critcise the vicitm and lay the burden of blame on them is your idea of a sensible approach to this matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkisk)
    Trying your best to critcise the vicitm and lay the burden of blame on them is your idea of a sensible approach to this matter?
    I agree. This argument is pretty heavily leaning towards blaming the victim (which I won't dispute as of now, as I do need to do a bit of reading), it would be nice to see some acknowledgement of the kids side...I very much agree with Napp when he said that his sister was also bullied and her headdress was tried to be taken off by the bullies. That to me, implies it very well could be an attack because of who she is. Also, the bully seen in the video with the boy has reposted far-right (I think it was anti-muslim, but don't hold me on that I know it was far-right for sure) articles on his social media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Ahh so the best you can do is retort that since you didn’t say the explicit words the inference wasn’t there? Oh very droll.

Pfft I’m sure you have 😂 the cultures of Iran and Indonesia are not even remotely the same, bar praying in the same direction. Your cretinous understanding the world is rather risible though so thank you very much for the giggle that gave me.

I was asking what this so called ‘virtue signalling’ was actually, I don’t recall doing such a thing.
    To borrow your nice little phrase - pot meet kettle there old bean.

Of course you’re not you just have a troglodyte as your profile picture because he’s cute, you seem to be forgetting I’ve come across you and your u pleasant posts before.

Uhuh, it’s a generally accepted rule that when someone has to try and make a claim of going to oxford (you didn’t even get that far, alas) its a fair bet they’re fibbing. So have fun with your alevels kiddo.
    Seriously, it isn't my fault you don't know what quotation marks are used for.

Not remotely the same? You're funny, real funny.

I see you tried turning the kettle-pot thing on me. Nice try, but it only works when I'm virtue signalling as well (which I'm not). It's actually quite funny how bad at this you are😂😂

Oooh that's a big word for someone like you, well done! Yeah, I have forgotten about meeting you before, because you and your arguments are easily ignored and forgetabble. Just because I express some similiar views to UKIP doesn't mean I support them. By that logic, I would also be a Labour supporter for wanting to see renationalising of key industries, a green because I support the complete move over to renewable energy and a Tory because I support a focus on small businesses. You really are a clueless fool.

"you didn't even get that far, alas" You do realise interviews come before an offer, right? If you want you can go back through my posts and see im not fibbing, it's clear you've got the time and pettiness to do so.

On that note, I'm not gonna waste anymore time educating you because clearly you lack the mental capacity to understand basic concepts, as evidenced by your past comments. Good luck in your GCSEs, and don't expect me to remember you if there is a next time. You aren't very memorable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkisk)
    Didn't lay burden of blame on refugee. But, please, have another go at making up something. Maybe go along the lines of me being a neo-nazi facist, that's a TSR classic.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, it isn't my fault you don't know what quotation marks are used for.
    Uhuh?
    Not remotely the same? You're funny, real funny.
    It beats being ignorant I suppose.
    I see you tried turning the kettle-pot thing on me. Nice try, but it only works when I'm virtue signalling as well (which I'm not). It's actually quite funny how bad at this you are😂😂
    Bad at what exactly? And please stop rattling on about this so called 'virtue signalling' you sound like one those adorable little incel sorts.
    Oooh that's a big word for someone like you, well done! Yeah, I have forgotten about meeting you before, because you and your arguments are easily ignored and forgetabble. Just because I express some similiar views to UKIP doesn't mean I support them. By that logic, I would also be a Labour supporter for wanting to see renationalising of key industries, a green because I support the complete move over to renewable energy and a Tory because I support a focus on small businesses. You really are a clueless fool.
    It appears I touched a nerve, bless
    "you didn't even get that far, alas" You do realise interviews come before an offer, right? If you want you can go back through my posts and see im not fibbing, it's clear you've got the time and pettiness to do so.
    Of course you have poppet, i'm sure you're not fibbing at all :rolleyes:
    On that note, I'm not gonna waste anymore time educating you because clearly you lack the mental capacity to understand basic concepts, as evidenced by your past comments. Good luck in your GCSEs, and don't expect me to remember you if there is a next time. You aren't very memorable.
    Cool story bro.

Didn't lay burden of blame on refugee. But, please, have another go at making up something. Maybe go along the lines of me being a neo-nazi facist, that's a TSR classic.
    You lack of the knowledge or ideological commitment to be a neo nazi, people just think you're a dunderpate for your ill informed and frankly hilarious views.

ReputationRep:
    A newspaper being sensationalist? People online being dramatic?

*kirk gasp*

ReputationRep:
    The Syrian kid hasn't left the UK. You must have him confused with the bully who reportedly left the UK with his mother after the video went viral.

And although the bully hasn't explicitly stated a motive for attacking the Syrian kid, we do know that the bully has shared a post online supporting UKIP, and the Syrian kid's sister was bullied as well at the same school and had her hijab forcibly removed - this latter attack being clearly either racist, islamophobic or both, so it would not be unreasonable to deduce that the Syrian kid was attacked because of who he was. The fact that neither the bully nor any of his family have stated a motive to explain this premeditated attack on the Syrian kid which stood up to scrutiny is also suspicious.

You mention the bully and bully's family being targeted online after the video went viral. This, though contemptible, has nothing to do with either the Syrian kid's character nor the fate he suffered at the hands of the bully, so it is unclear what your argument here is. The Syrian kid has also recently reportedly asked the public not harm the bully, so it is clear that he is not in favour of the sorts of attacks by vigilantes you mention.

Finally, you neglect to mention some important points. One, that the Syrian kid had written to his local council three weeks before the alleged attack, where he stated that he had been subjected to bullying since he joined the school in Year 9. Two, that the school had not taken action against the bully up until the point the video went viral. These two points together show a systematic failure by the school to act to enforce rules preventing the bullying, as well as the fact that the Syrian kid had been bullied over a prolonged period of time,making your explanation that he had been attacked because of "something he did" (it is unclear what that something is) very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    I heard rumours that he and potentially his sister was involved in an attack on another girl and that's why he got picked on.

Also it was mentioned that he was escaping Assad so that suggests his family, father in particular may have been involved in some unscrupulous groups ie: White Helmets or worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz)
    I heard rumours that he and potentially his sister was involved in an attack on another girl and that's why he got picked on.

Also it was mentioned that he was escaping Assad so that suggests his family, father in particular may have been involved in some unscrupulous groups ie: White Helmets or worse.
    The mother of the girl who was attacked actually said the syrian boy wasn't involved.

ReputationRep:
    The way that you call him "refugee" in that derogatory manner of yours says all I need to know about you and your motives. A boy was assaulted by a bully. You reserve your criticism not for the bully and his assault but for the victim and his refugee status...whilst trying your best to pretend like your motives are sincere.

"He who makes a beast of himself. Looses the pain of being a man".

This "refugee", him and his sister's lives, children, have been turned into a hell by beasts not very much unlike yourself, raised, most likely, by yet more beasts, not very much unlike yourself, cowards who lack the courage to admit the racism that drives them to blindly hate everyone that does not belong to their creed, even children because those children were born a different culture, no colour to them.

ReputationRep:
    imagine making a thread just to defend the bullying and physical abuse of a syrian child in the UK

ReputationRep:

I heard rumours Cameron ****ed a pig, Clinton ran a pedo ring and that the cia are stashing doomsday weapons on the dark side of the moon - that doesn’t make them true and you can’t purport hearsay (dubious hearsay at that) as being true.

Equally remind me how many millions have been displaced from Syria? What kind of halfwit equates all of them as likely being involved in ‘terror’?

(Original post by Palmyra)
    imagine making a thread just to defend the bullying and physical abuse of a syrian child in the UK
    There are some rather vile ‘people’ on this site aren’t there.

ReputationRep:
    ...rumours...mentioned...suggest s...
    Yeah, why wait for things like facts when you can run with speculation that fits your agenda, it's much easier isn't it?

ReputationRep:

I don't know what is funnier. That you've made a complete ass of yourself in this thread or that you are seemingly unaware of this fact.

I notice that you've previously expressed support for Tommy Robinson. Well done on perpetuating the negative stereotypes about his supporters.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.