The Student Room Group

Could I self teach AS computing

Lol posted this like 4 times now.I'm not actually self-teachingI as I have a teacher, but she's incredibly incompetent so I basically am. I'm also asking specifically about AS level. I don't need you to tell me about how hard the coursework is. How hard do you think it would be to self-teach Unit 1 and 2. I found GCSE pretty easy so I'm assuming it would be okay. I have access to a textbook and powerpoints from my old teacher for the course as well. Given this would it be that hard?
Reply 1
Original post by BetaMale101
Lol posted this like 4 times now.I'm not actually self-teachingI as I have a teacher, but she's incredibly incompetent so I basically am. I'm also asking specifically about AS level. I don't need you to tell me about how hard the coursework is. How hard do you think it would be to self-teach Unit 1 and 2. I found GCSE pretty easy so I'm assuming it would be okay. I have access to a textbook and powerpoints from my old teacher for the course as well. Given this would it be that hard?

Sorry to hear that you have an incompetent teacher. It isn't impossible to self-teach yourself but check if the Powerpoint slides are for the new spec and if it's not I would only use the bits that are relevant to the topics etc. (hopefully I make sense here). Try speaking to your teacher and see if the situation can be improved though.
You can do anything if you put your mind to it... except fly, you probably shouldn't try it without a parachute.
If you did GCSE Comp Sci, then it wouldn't be hard. AS content is similar to GCSE but gets more difficult during A2.

Quick Reply

Latest