nishiyama-otaku
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello there, I want to make sure that what I understand about this idea is correct, it's about CO2 transportation in the blood by changing into a bicarbonate.

CO2 will diffuse from the tissue-->tissue fluid-->plasma-->RBC. CO2 with react with water producing H2CO3 using the enzyme "carbonic anhydrase". H2CO3 will then break down into H+ and HCO3-. H+ will then combine with Hb so it doesn't increase the acidity in the cell, and "some" of the HCO3- will diffuse out of the cell. When inhaling O2, it will enter the RBC and bind to Hb releasing the H+ which will return back to the cell and react with the remaining HCO3- producing H2CO3 ( because this is a reversible rxn) which will then be broken down again by using carbonic anhydrase into H2O and CO2. CO2 will then diffuse out of the cell to be exhaled.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (151)
14.44%
I'm not sure (46)
4.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.83%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (510)
48.76%

Watched Threads