The Student Room Group

How bad do you overthink?

So on a scale of 1 to nothing (as numbers don’t actually exist and are only a result of human creation) how much do you overthink? Please give examples of how bad you’ve over thought something .

For example I was just overthinking overthinking, kinda like if we are overthinking does that in some way sacrifice our integrity to who we are as we overthink everything we do before we do it so how would we act if we couldn’t overthink or is overthinking just something that makes up our personality.

Beat that b*tch.
Reply 1
I sometimes overthink to the point I have nothing to think about except thoughts

Spoiler

Lmaooo I overthink ALOT. If someone don't reply to my message I get worried, if someone says something to me I have to rephrase it millions of time to understand what they meant.
It's so bad.
Why do we have the urge to overthink??
I'm currently in the position where someone hasn't replied to my text and it's upsetting me out, I feel they hate me now;(
Reply 3
Original post by Alisha999
Lmaooo I overthink ALOT. If someone don't reply to my message I get worried, if someone says something to me I have to rephrase it millions of time to understand what they meant.
It's so bad.
Why do we have the urge to overthink??
I'm currently in the position where someone hasn't replied to my text and it's upsetting me out, I feel they hate me now;(

I guess we ain’t good with the unknown so we want to know every single possible reason as to why someone might do something. Kinda maybe cuz we insecure af. Speaking for myself so don’t overthink this and think I’m passively aggressively saying your insecure, well damn I guess I overthought that as well. Yea that’s how my mind works 24/7.
Overthinking is my life. I can be perfectly happy and having a great time, and then suddenly my boyfriend will make a comment and from that simple comment I come to the conclusion that he doesn't love me anymore and wants to be with someone else - and when I tell him what I'm worried about he's clueless as to how I've thought that up from what he'd said.

If someone doesn't reply to a message, or doesn't put a kiss on it, or if my boyfriend sends texts without emojis in texts where he'd normally put one, that's once again me deciding they don't want to know me anymore.

I constantly worry about my family and what would happen if they weren't around anymore.

I worry about losing my most valuable contracts - even though there's no sign of this happening at all.

It's an absolute pain, and when I'm out of the moment I can see that what I was thinking is completely illogical, but in the moment it makes all the sense in the world.
(edited 5 years ago)
A lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending