Testicular lumps thread Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Evening!

Well; as the title denotes - I’m hoping to start this thread in order to get more lads speaking about lumps found in their plums.

I’m currently going through this at this exact moment - yesterday, I found a lump and had an emergency Drs appointment today. Ultrasound requested and hoping to have a date mid Dec. The lump is hard and it hurts to the press. Located upper frontal area of my left Testical.

I could easily bottle this up and not talk about it but I want to be open and frank to ensure more people will get checked.

It may feel embarrassing and whilst I stood in the Doctors room whilst he was examining me, yeah it was slightly embarrassing, but it could be a life saver.

Anyone else going trough something similar at the moment?

Don’t be shy - speak about it - believe me it helps!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
OP, thank you for making this thread. I recently had an ultrasound. Everything thing was fine, it was just a cyst. Although I acted idiotically because I waited a year to get it checked out. It essentially ruined my life for a year. It wasn't necessarily the embarrassment I was worried about, but I feared that I was going to die. I feared that cancer had already spread and that I didn't have long left. Of course, I had no rational reason to believe this, but your brain plays tricks on you. Despite the 99% chance, it was nothing, I was still 99% sure I had it. Please don't be like me. The earlier you get checked out the better. Get checked. The chance of cancer is actually very low. Even if worse comes to worse it's almost 100% curable. Even if you're 99% sure it's nothing, it's not worth dying over. Don't die of ignorance. Don't die of embarrassment.

OP everything may seem bleak right now but it will get better. I can't promise you that nothing is wrong but I can say that 99% of the time everything is fine. You said it's near the top and it's painful? That is usually a good sign.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
OP, thank you for making this thread. I recently had an ultrasound. Everything thing was fine, it was just a cyst. Although I acted idiotically because I waited a year to get it checked out. It essentially ruined my life for a year. It wasn't necessarily the embarrassment I was worried about, but I feared that I was going to die. I feared that cancer had already spread and that I didn't have long left. Of course, I had no rational reason to believe this, but your brain plays tricks on you. Despite the 99% chance, it was nothing, I was still 99% sure I had it. Please don't be like me. The earlier you get checked out the better. Get checked. The chance of cancer is actually very low. Even if worse comes to worse it's almost 100% curable. Even if you're 99% sure it's nothing, it's not worth dying over. Don't die of ignorance. Don't die of embarrassment.

OP everything may seem bleak right now but it will get better. I can't promise you that nothing is wrong but I can say that 99% of the time everything is fine. You said it's near the top and it's painful? That is usually a good sign.
Thanks for your reply.

Absolutely! I’ve no shame or embarrassment about having these things checked.

Having had it checked by a GP yesterday; when he was checking the area was fairly tender and asking a few questions after - having some sort of pain associated is sometimes a good thing, strangely.

I need to be prepared just in case the news isn’t great but I feel confident that I’ve noticed it early on.

It is what it is; I can’t change the fact that I’ve found something - I’m just bloody glad I found it and that it’s being dealt with according. Once I’ve had the ultrasound - at least I’ll be able to take appropriate actions for whatever may be required.

Cheers!
jdro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I felt some pain recently, I still need to get it checked!

I followed a testicular self exam and didn't find any lumps though...
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 1 year ago
georgem93
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Evening!

Well; as the title denotes - I’m hoping to start this thread in order to get more lads speaking about lumps found in their plums.

I’m currently going through this at this exact moment - yesterday, I found a lump and had an emergency Drs appointment today. Ultrasound requested and hoping to have a date mid Dec. The lump is hard and it hurts to the press. Located upper frontal area of my left Testical.

I could easily bottle this up and not talk about it but I want to be open and frank to ensure more people will get checked.

It may feel embarrassing and whilst I stood in the Doctors room whilst he was examining me, yeah it was slightly embarrassing, but it could be a life saver.

Anyone else going trough something similar at the moment?

Don’t be shy - speak about it - believe me it helps!
This is such a brave and amazing thing to do, well done you!
If there’s anything that I can do to help you at what must be a tough time please do let me know. I’m sure other members of the TSR community would be willing to provide support as well mate.
jdro
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by georgem93)
This is such a brave and amazing thing to do, well done you!
If there’s anything that I can do to help you at what must be a tough time please do let me know. I’m sure other members of the TSR community would be willing to provide support as well mate.
Agree!
Anonymous #1
Thanks for your replies all and I’m sorry I haven’t been on here recently.

Ultrasound came back clear - no ‘mass/masses’ found and it sounds like a varicocele, a lump appears to have formed on the top of my sperm tube. It’s either a cyst or just a vein with excess sperm/fluid in it.

A big big sigh of relief as you can probably guess.

Was it embarrassing - nope! Was it worth it - absolutely.

Was it undignified? Nope.

Was it all over in a matter of minutes - Yep!

Lads; if any of you read this and are going through something similar - I implore you, just get it checked. It’s a genuinely quick and painless scan and it’s a huge weight off your shoulders.
jdro
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh that's cool - good news!
PatriciaC00l
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If a patient is feeling or experiencing a lump on his left testis with a ball that is bigger in size in-comparison of the right testis also do not experience any pain around his testis but a heaviness in the testicle balls as well as fullness behind and above the testicle then what do we call it spermatoceles or varicoceles? As I am studying it in my medicine so just looking to know more about it.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Even if someone gets cancer in their testicles, this type of cancer is 99% curable, even in late stages.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (500)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.14%
No- I want it (237)
28.35%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.7%

Watched Threads