Anyone got any resources?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AHBM)
Anyone got any resources?
Giving this a :bump: Anyone else doing AH business management?
DigbyBrown
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
Giving this a :bump: Anyone else doing AH business management?
Yeah, I'm currently studying it and my prelim is coming up in a few weeks! Didn't realise that there was a thread for this otherwise I would have been on it sooner.

But in terms of resources I have to go to another local school to do the subject and they don't have much at all. So I did some digging around and have found some alright content. I'm currently using "Scholar" which is made by Heriot Watt University and provides some good information for the course (although some of the topics don't really go into a huge detail). You can set up a profile online but you'd probably need a teacher to help you with this since i think Scottish Candidate Numbers and more technical stuff is involved. Alternatively if this isn't possible you can buy the course content books online if you google something like "Scholar advanced higher business management text books" and it should be one of the top web addresses. I might be wrong, but i think they update the books on a yearly basis too - essentially to keep them as relevant as possible to the course since SQA love relevant real life examples incorporated into exam your exam answers.

Hope this helps!
DigbyBrown
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DigbyBrown)
Yeah, I'm currently studying it and my prelim is coming up in a few weeks! Didn't realise that there was a thread for this otherwise I would have been on it sooner.

But in terms of resources I have to go to another local school to do the subject and they don't have much at all. So I did some digging around and have found some alright content. I'm currently using "Scholar" which is made by Heriot Watt University and provides some good information for the course (although some of the topics don't really go into a huge detail). You can set up a profile online but you'd probably need a teacher to help you with this since i think Scottish Candidate Numbers and more technical stuff is involved. Alternatively if this isn't possible you can buy the course content books online if you google something like "Scholar advanced higher business management text books" and it should be one of the top web addresses. I might be wrong, but i think they update the books on a yearly basis too - essentially to keep them as relevant as possible to the course since SQA love relevant real life examples incorporated into exam your exam answers.

Hope this helps!
https://books.scholar.hw.ac.uk/books...ss-management/

I believe this is the book for this year too, I'm currently using the one from last years course.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hope this helps!
AHBM ***

Yep, Scholar access online is completely free, and access to it is provided through schools
SCHOLARuk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the mention DigbyBrown! Our courses and books are updated in line with SQA curriculum changes, not necessarily every year. We updated the Highers last summer and will be updating the Advanced Highers this summer.
AHBM
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone done their Advanced Higher Business Management Prelim??
AHBM
Rep:
?
AHBM
Rep:
?
https://books.scholar.hw.ac.uk/books...ss-management/

I believe this is the book for this year too, I'm currently using the one from last years course.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How is everyone getting on now that exam season is approaching?
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Good luck for the exam tomorrow!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (229)
60.9%
No (78)
20.74%
Not sure (69)
18.35%

Watched Threads