Depressed and my life is currently at its worst, someone help please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Have a rare condition called pectus carinatum where my chest is severely deformed and sticks out and I’ve had it for two years
I’ve finally broke down after trying to cover it with muscle and I feel so angry, depressed
Just don’t know what to do
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Interrobang; 6 days ago
lula7464
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Having a physical difference can be very difficult - that anger you're feeling, especially after trying so hard to reduce the visibilty of it, makes so much sense and you can definitely feel it (none of that, 'others have it worse' that some people plague themselves with).
The problem with trying to cover it is that you then feel that you're only good enough when you look 'normal' or as though you don't have pectus carinatum - and that is exhausting to live with and force yourself to compete with, because it is so unlikely you'll ever reach what you think of as ideal, there's always another thing to strive for. I don't mean for that to sound like I'm diminishing the impact it has on you or trying to make you think that you should just get on with it - you are having to face a challenge, bigger than most people have to.
I'm afraid I don't think there's anything I can say that would help in any meaningful way but I hope you're feeling better (with it being a couple days later) than when you first posted that message.
katrinahurricane
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Have a rare condition called pectus carinatum where my chest is severely deformed and sticks out and I’ve had it for two years
I’ve finally broke down after trying to cover it with muscle and I feel so angry, depressed
Just don’t know what to do
Hey Pal,
whetever the final outcome, remember to have the serenity to accept what you can never change,
courage to change what you can,
and wisdom to know the difference.
really sorry you are struggling through this atm, try think that a rare condition is your bodys way of saying " woah you are too awesome, ima try slow you down and give others a chance to catch up!"

xoxox
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads