Ellie1718
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are any equations like the surface area of a sphere provided in the A Level exam?
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also do A-Level biology, but I can't imagine any exam board asking students to calculate the SA of 3d objects.
The only 'real' mathematical part I can recall in AS Biology is calculating cell division in mitosis.
Ellie1718
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Infinite Series)
I also do A-Level biology, but I can't imagine any exam board asking students to calculate the SA of 3d objects.
The only 'real' mathematical part I can recall in AS Biology is calculating cell division in mitosis.
I'm not sure because I had work in class to calculate the surface area and volume of the lungs, therefore I did'nt know if this was an equation that I needed to learn or not.
Infinite Series
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ellie1718)
I'm not sure because I had work in class to calculate the surface area and volume of the lungs, therefore I did'nt know if this was an equation that I needed to learn or not.
If I were in your position, i'd look at past paper questions on the lungs topic and see if there are any calculations involving Vol and SA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (57)
65.52%
I don't have everything I need (30)
34.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed