The Student Room Group

Revision guides?

for sciences- can I only use revision guides? or do I need to use textbook at GCSE?? Will revision guides cover everything?
GCSE- Revision guides + past papers= Easiest A*/9 ever.
Freesciencelessons on youtube!
Reply 3
Original post by Kilam_Namoan
GCSE- Revision guides + past papers= Easiest A*/9 ever.

Really? My concern is that the revision guides are too simplified and that you need to read the textbook first to get a strong grasp on the topic but I suppose they are made by the exam board .
Original post by khali13
Really? My concern is that the revision guides are too simplified and that you need to read the textbook first to get a strong grasp on the topic but I suppose they are made by the exam board .

They were adequate enough for the sciences, I remember using a textbook for history and graphics though
Reply 5
Original post by Professor L
They were adequate enough for the sciences, I remember using a textbook for history and graphics though

Adequate as in B/C? What if you're aiming for top grades?
Original post by khali13
Adequate as in B/C? What if you're aiming for top grades?

I got A*AA for chem, bio & phys (coulda been A* for phys but the goddamn coursework :lol:). The revision guides include all you need to know and I found them easy to understand.
Reply 7
Original post by Professor L
I got A*AA for chem, bio & phys (coulda been A* for phys but the goddamn coursework :lol:). The revision guides include all you need to know and I found them easy to understand.

Thank you! Can I ask which exam board you chose?
Original post by khali13
Thank you! Can I ask which exam board you chose?

OCR 21st century
CGP Revision Guides are really helpful
Use past papers with the revision guides! It really helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending