Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have an interest in this subject and want to understand more about it.

Admittedly I only have limited knowledge so can someone update me on what’s happening so far with May’s deal? The EU and Brexit?

Thanks.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Read a newspaper...

E.g. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...itizens-rights

Basically, just do your own research. You don't need people on TSR to explain it to you - the information is just a few clicks away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    Read a newspaper...

E.g. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...itizens-rights

Basically, just do your own research. You don't need people on TSR to explain it to you - the information is just a few clicks away.
    Yeah sure, I’ve joined Twitter etc but just wanted to know sort of the basic background to all this. I think I’ve got the grasp of what’s going on at the moment to be fair..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhubarb_cucmber)
    Yeah sure, I’ve joined Twitter etc but just wanted to know sort of the basic background to all this. I think I’ve got the grasp of what’s going on at the moment to be fair..
    Twitter is no substitute for proper learning. 🤦

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Twitter is no substitute for proper learning. 🤦*♂️
    Twitter is one of the main social media sites for all the individual parties, Theresa May and political news - these are the only reason I look on Twitter.

ReputationRep:
    Twitter is one of the main social media sites for all the individual parties, Theresa May and political news - these are the only reason I look on Twitter.
    I still stand by my original point given that you wanted to understand the situation.

(No idea how the last 2 emoticons got there.)

ReputationRep:
    Is the OP an actual rhubarb/cucumber that's somehow just gained consciousness?

Well either way if you want to be a good NPC like me you'll tune into BBC/CNN daily and read TheGuardian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz)
    These type of threads make me want to self harm.

Is the OP an actual rhubarb/cucumber that's somehow just gained consciousness?

Well either way if you want to be a good NPC like me you'll tune into BBC/CNN daily and read TheGuardian.
    Are you actually that pathetic. It’s just a username for The Student Room. My actual name is Sophie for your information, not that you needed to know. I created this account ages ago, hence the silly name.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    So I have an interest in this subject and want to understand more about it.

Admittedly I only have limited knowledge so can someone update me on what’s happening so far with May’s deal? The EU and Brexit?

Thanks.
    Here’s a pretty good guide. Nice to see more people wanting to understand more about politics.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2018)
    Here’s a pretty good guide. Nice to see more people wanting to understand more about politics.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-32810887
    Ah someone, thank you.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.