The Student Room Group
Bump
Original post by _Mia101
Has anyone here been to or going to Wycombe Abbey (sixth form)? Or know someone that had?

How is it? What is the atmosphere like? Is there really a lot of bullying there?

I'm thinking of applying and I'd love to know your opinions.

Thanks in advance!

I don’t go there, but I do go to a sixth form which is very very near by, so we do events together all the time. From what I’ve seen and heard, it seems to be one of the best schools in the country (if you can afford it😅). There is also Wycombe High, which is at the top of the hill on which Wycombe Abbey is at the bottom (if that makes sense), which also has a fantastic sixth form, and is consistently ranked as one of the best state schools in the country.
Original post by Captain Holt
I don’t go there, but I do go to a sixth form which is very very near by, so we do events together all the time. From what I’ve seen and heard, it seems to be one of the best schools in the country (if you can afford it😅). There is also Wycombe High, which is at the top of the hill on which Wycombe Abbey is at the bottom (if that makes sense), which also has a fantastic sixth form, and is consistently ranked as one of the best state schools in the country.

Okay, thanks! Have you talked to people who go there? What do they seem like?

I've heard some stories (albeit a few years back) about how there was so much bullying and how people there were quite pretentious.

Also, do you know if anyone stays there on the weekends?

Thanks!!
Original post by _Mia101
Okay, thanks! Have you talked to people who go there? What do they seem like?

I've heard some stories (albeit a few years back) about how there was so much bullying and how people there were quite pretentious.

Also, do you know if anyone stays there on the weekends?

Thanks!!

The people there generally seem alright, not as absurdly posh as you’d assume which is nice.

I’ve never heard of bullying, but it can be pretentious at times from what I’ve heard. Don’t know for sure if people stay there on the weekends but it seems like that could be the case as there are a lot of students from Asia, so they stay the entire term I think.
Original post by Captain Holt
The people there generally seem alright, not as absurdly posh as you’d assume which is nice.

I’ve never heard of bullying, but it can be pretentious at times from what I’ve heard. Don’t know for sure if people stay there on the weekends but it seems like that could be the case as there are a lot of students from Asia, so they stay the entire term I think.

Oh okay thanks!
Reply 6
Hey, I am doing my Wycombe abbey entrance exam for maths, biology, chemistry and psychology. Do you have an tips for the exams and interviews? Please help this would mean so much.
Hi, I have some questions. Are you going to pay or is it possible to get a scholarship?May I ask your reasons for applying there, have considered any grammar schools? I hope you reply!
Reply 8
Original post by hustlingdaily
Hi, I have some questions. Are you going to pay or is it possible to get a scholarship?May I ask your reasons for applying there, have considered any grammar schools? I hope you reply!

If you are asking me then
Some students will get scholarship offers.
I have always grown up watching the school and my desire grew. Grammar schools are good but oxbridge acceptances are quite low.

Latest