normanofkent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,

I’m in Year 12 and one of my subjects is Economics, I’m struggling in it so I want to get the CGP revision guide, it costs around £14, but given I’m from a low income family, my parents can’t afford it. Can anyone help me?

Sorry for asking this also
Nihilisticb*tch
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some colleges and schools do book sales where they can sell you books and revision guides at a lower price (because teachers and schools get given a discount when buying CGP books), for example the science text books normally cost like 40 pounds whereas my school sold me one for 20 so yeah you get quite a lot off them. Ask your school teachers if they offer this and if not perhaps suggest it to them. It s in their best interest for their students to have the books. If this isn't possible then you should try and find online resources which are useful, I don't do economics so I don't know of any but there will probably be some out of there. Do you have a job? Because if not I would suggest getting a job.
Guarddyyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If your family is low income, I'm pretty sure every sixth form offers bursaries, which you can spend on revision material.
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't apologise!

Maybe ask your 6th form? They should be able to help you out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads