Anyone has experience getting a referral from CAMHS to adult services? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I will be 18 soon so will need to be referred to the adult services.I am quite anxious as how long the referral will take.Does anyone have any experience?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I was transferred from camhs CAMHS when I turned 18 - it was a pretty straightforward process (from what I remember), it just involved a few meetings with the adult team and my CAMHS worker together and took maybe a month in total?

It will be longer if you’re not directly transferred - ie if CAMHS discharge you and your gp has to refer to again (anywhere from a month to 6 months seems to be typical from what I’ve heard) but when I’ve been re referred to services the longest I’ve had to wait for general MH support was 2/3 months and eating disorder support was 6 months.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I was transferred from camhs CAMHS when I turned 18 - it was a pretty straightforward process (from what I remember), it just involved a few meetings with the adult team and my CAMHS worker together and took maybe a month in total?

It will be longer if you’re not directly transferred - ie if CAMHS discharge you and your gp has to refer to again (anywhere from a month to 6 months seems to be typical from what I’ve heard) but when I’ve been re referred to services the longest I’ve had to wait for general MH support was 2/3 months and eating disorder support was 6 months.
Thank you.I am getting reffered by my therapist directly.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (137)
18.49%
No (450)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (154)
20.78%

Watched Threads