what are good degrees to do if you like biology? Watch

Z-A-I
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hopefully in august 2019, i will have 6 highers including Biology and Chemistry at grades AAAABB. I am filling my UCAS form and i need some direction to some courses and recomended unis for thi course.

Thanks
InfinityPlusOne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
there are so many out there and it depends on what specifically you like, for example biology tends to focus on all aspects while biomed is general but excludes ecology etc, then there's more specifics like human bio or neuroscience or microbiology depending on what uni you look at, it depends on where your interests really lie
Z-A-I
Rep:
?
(Original post by InfinityPlusOne)
there are so many out there and it depends on what specifically you like, for example biology tends to focus on all aspects while biomed is general but excludes ecology etc, then there's more specifics like human bio or neuroscience or microbiology depending on what uni you look at, it depends on where your interests really lie
im open to many sugesstions. Plesase do direct me.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hmm I don't know, too hard
InfinityPlusOne
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
this list isn't exhaustive but here are some

biological science/biology
medical science/biomedical science
cell biology
developmental biology
human biology
marine biology
microbiology
molecular biology
neuroscience
neuroscience
physiology
tropical biology
zoology

do you have an idea of what you'd like to do after uni? or what sort of uni you'd like to go to?
Z-A-I
Rep:
?
(Original post by InfinityPlusOne)
this list isn't exhaustive but here are some

biological science/biology
medical science/biomedical science
cell biology
developmental biology
human biology
marine biology
microbiology
molecular biology
neuroscience
neuroscience
physiology
tropical biology
zoology

do you have an idea of what you'd like to do after uni? or what sort of uni you'd like to go to?
i would like to somthing that i will get the chance to travel in, and not just stay in one place, somthing not involving too much lab work.
Z-A-I
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
Hmm I don't know, too hard
Sugesst somthing at least
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Z-A-I)
i would like to somthing that i will get the chance to travel in, and not just stay in one place, somthing not involving too much lab work.
Marine Biology, Conservation Biology? There are plenty of things you could study but I suggest looking it up for yourself.
InfinityPlusOne
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Z-A-I)
I second royal oak here, something like marine biology maybe? do some research with different degrees like that and at different universities, chances are you'll have to do lab work in uni if you do a biology degree though, let alone work in a bio field of work. you're gonna have to do some research around though, sites like whichuni are good for that sort of thing, and just looking up universities and their course structure for different courses. good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Material Futures Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + hospitality, tourism and events + journalism + sport and exercise Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (88)
14.52%
Yes - a food allergy (63)
10.4%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.48%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.64%
No (424)
69.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed