HanimalGurl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

I'm currently in year 13, studying year 2 of my A-levels.

I didn't do quite so well during AS as there were so many things setting me back and so many road blocks, but I was hoping by writing updates atleast once a month and maybe it would keep me on track.

As level grades :
Spoiler:
Show

Maths: D
Chemistry: C
Economics: E
ICT Unit 1: Dist
ICT Unit 2: Pass

A2 level predicted grades:
Spoiler:
Show

ICT: Dist (Dist* if I retake the unit 2 exam and get a merit)
Maths: B
Chemisty: B

Current chosen university subject:
Spoiler:
Show

Computer Science

Current Chosen Universities:
  • Exeter
  • Loughborough
  • Gloucestershire (Conditional offer received 07/12/2018 (BBC or 2 passes at A level) ; Unconditional if firmed)
  • Swansea (Conditional offer received 10/12/2018 (minimum 120 UCAS points)
  • Liverpool Hope

[ul]
[li]Exeter*(Conditional offer*received 18/12/2018 (minimum 120 UCAS points))[/li]
[li]Loughborough*(Conditional offer*received 03/01/2019 (Dist A B))[/li]
[li]Gloucestershire*(Conditional offer*received 07/12/2018 (BBC or 2 passes at A level; 112 UCAS points) Unconditional if firmed)[/li]
[li]Swansea*(Conditional offer*received 10/12/2018 (minimum 120 UCAS points))[/li]
[/ul]
[ul]
[li]Liverpool Hope*(Conditional offer*received 10/12/2018 (minimum 112 UCAS points))[/li]
[/ul]
Last edited by HanimalGurl; 2 years ago
Guarddyyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Looking forward to seeing you progress. Tag me in, for any future updates! Good luck with your studies
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck!! :rave:
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Thank you guys for responding to my post.

This weekend I went over past test papers we did in class previously and felt I understood maths all over again.
I don't know why the feeling over going over a 2-hour maths exam mark scheme and practise questions was so daunting.

Today my teacher was teaching us proofs for differentiating cos and sin, but the chapters in the Pearson maths books are so backwards that its hard to understand without the stuff we have to learn in the chapters afterwards, lol.

Anyways, finally finished assignment 3 of Unit 18 in my ICT coursework today (didn't take long, just had to write what I did to build a computer).

Hopefully, I can finally send off my UCAS app by Wednesday and can get everything in order before the maths mock exam on the 13th of December.
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Update: Finally submitted my UCAS app!!!

Yayyyyy

Chosen unis:

Loughborough University:
Computer Science

Swansea University:
Computer Science with a Year Abroad

University of Exeter:
Computer Science

University of Gloucestershire:
Computing (with placement)

Liverpool Hope University:
Computer Science (with year in industry)
Last edited by HanimalGurl; 2 years ago
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HanimalGurl)
Update: Finally submitted my UCAS app!!!

Yayyyyy

Chosen unis:

Loughborough University:
Computer Science

Swansea University:
Computer Science with a Year Abroad

University of Exeter:
Computer Science

University of Gloucestershire:
Computing (with placement)

Liverpool Hope University:
Computer Science (with year in industry)
Hi HanimalGurl :hello:

It's great to hear that you have applied to study on our Computer Science course.

If you have any specific questions about the course or the University itself, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

I'm happy to share my personal student experience.

You may also find this Mathematics & Computer Science Facebook Live video useful. You can hear from our academics and current students on the course.

Ruth :santa3:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats on sending off UCAS!! :woo:
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Received the first offer today, from the University of Gloucestershire!

Conditional offer received 07/12/2018 (BBC or 2 passes at A level); Unconditional if firmed

Overall this week: :no: Unproductive, finding myself in an academic slump whist at home

Been progressively tired each day I come home from school.
Although I finished all 14 challenges from the first stage of the cyber discovery cybersecurity challenge, in which I only completed 8/14 last year.

I plan to reorganize my exam schedule and water intake/ diet so that I can keep on task.

Hopefully will be back on track by next week for my mock exams.
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Congrats on your first offer!! :party:
username4386770
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Received the first offer today, from the University of Gloucestershire!

Conditional offer received 07/12/2018 (BBC or 2 passes at A level); Unconditional if firmed

Overall this week: :no: Unproductive, finding myself in an academic slump whist at home

Been progressively tired each day I come home from school.
Although I finished all 14 challenges from the first stage of the cyber discovery cybersecurity challenge, in which I only completed 8/14 last year.

I plan to reorganize my exam schedule and water intake/ diet so that I can keep on task.

Hopefully will be back on track by next week for my mock exams.
Congratulations on your offer! When are your mocks?
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Congrats on your first offer!! :party:
(Original post by Rehana Patel)
Congratulations on your offer! When are your mocks?

Thanks guys! and my Chemistry mock is on Tuesday, maths mock is on Thursday.
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Received my second offer today!

University of Swansea: A minimum of 120 UCAS Tariff points from your three highest scoring qualifications

I am actually happy they specified 120 UCAS points and not a grade requirement such as "Dist BB" I just really want to knock my ICT exam out of the park, I just need a merit to bump my distinction up to a distinction*
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
CONGRATS!! :woo:
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
12/12/2018

12 Days till Christmas!
If I was a kid i'd be all giddy inside, jumping up and down, and dancing around the kitchen to Christmas songs, yeahhhh I miss those days.

Anyways, I feel like when I am given a free period (when I have no lessons) throughout the day I procrastinate and lounging around then when it comes to 5 pm I am revising, so I guess I'm on task but still not using my time as efficiently.

Done my chemistry and ICT exams, the physical chemistry was preddy good I think but the organic was okay (mostly because I revised a lot more physical than organic).

Just have maths left to do tomorrow, been writing flash cards and I feel like they kind of help, my AS knowledge is a lot better than it was last year during the exam period. Just need to get down to repeating this year's topics questions over and over again along with creating my own. For once in my A-level mathematical journey, I feel content, not to an extent where I'll be spitting out 100000 math facts in a minute but to the point where I actually get it.
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Haven't updated in a week but got 2 offers this week from Exeter and Liverpool Hope!

Still waiting on my maths grades but got a Distinction (highest grade I could get) in my ICT unit 2 mock exam ayyyyy I'm so prepared for the real ICT exam in January.

I'm on track with Chemistry as I got a B on my organic chemistry exam and a C on physical (because the grade boundaries were ridiculously close, e.g. if I got 1 mark I would have got a B3 and 3 marks more a B2).

Its almost christmass soo loads of time to reviseeee woohoooooo.
I am actually so excited to go to university next year!!!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haven't updated in a week but got 2 offers this week from Exeter and Liverpool Hope!

Still waiting on my maths grades but got a Distinction (highest grade I could get) in my ICT unit 2 mock exam ayyyyy I'm so prepared for the real ICT exam in January.

I'm on track with Chemistry as I got a B on my organic chemistry exam and a C on physical (because the grade boundaries were ridiculously close, e.g. if I got 1 mark I would have got a B3 and 3 marks more a B2).

Its almost christmass soo loads of time to reviseeee woohoooooo.
I am actually so excited to go to university next year!!!
Congratulations on your offer!

It is great news; if you have any questions, feel free to ask us on here, email us or book onto an Open Day

Ste :shakehand:
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Congratulations on your offer!

It is great news; if you have any questions, feel free to ask us on here, email us or book onto an Open Day

Ste :shakehand:
Thank you so much
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
Update: 24/12/2018

I have been trying to update my initial post but the website's settings keep changing and the HTML text doesn't let me add more HTML tags to it and its merging with everything so I don't know what to do as the mushed up words become messed up if I try to alter them or do anything to them.
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Update: 24/12/2018

I have been trying to update my initial post but the website's settings keep changing and the HTML text doesn't let me add more HTML tags to it and its merging with everything so I don't know what to do as the mushed up words become messed up if I try to alter them or do anything to them.
:console: maybe try typing it up on word first? :dontknow:
and merry christmas! :claus:
HanimalGurl
Rep:
?
I know its late but happy new year!

Still on that grind, trying to find the best ways to revise.

Protip: Save mindmaps every minute you make it otherwise you might lose it, or just draw the mind map out on paper.

Recieved my final offer from loughborough!

Was abit confused with the offer as my predicted grades are, (Distinction B B) and the offer they sent to me was (Distinction A B), which is above my predicted grades so I don't know what to do, whether I should call them and see if I can change the offer to Dist* BB if I retake my exam next week and see what I can do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (36)
28.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
8.66%
No I am happy with my choice (71)
55.91%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
7.09%

Watched Threads