sheffield uni Watch

riotclubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
does Sheffield uni have a good uni life or is the city p dead?
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey riotclubb

As a student from Sheffield Hallam,

I can tell you that Sheffield is pretty bustling. When the derby is on, everyone is out and town is absolutely packed. Even without it, weekends are usually rammed with people going to clubs, restaurants, dates, etc. There's plenty of other places to escape to, too.

Centertainment is a good place to go if you're looking not to club, but go out with friends. Meadowhall is great because it has literally everything in it that you could need, especially as a student. Trams run from place to place and are extremely quick and easy to learn.

What kind of things are you looking for in university life? Nightlife? Pubs? I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you have

Josh
UmamiPiñapple
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sheffield’s great enough purely for the paternoster lift in the arts building
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by UmamiPiñapple; 3 months ago
Roisin_x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey riotclubb

As a student from Sheffield Hallam,

I can tell you that Sheffield is pretty bustling. When the derby is on, everyone is out and town is absolutely packed. Even without it, weekends are usually rammed with people going to clubs, restaurants, dates, etc. There's plenty of other places to escape to, too.

Centertainment is a good place to go if you're looking not to club, but go out with friends. Meadowhall is great because it has literally everything in it that you could need, especially as a student. Trams run from place to place and are extremely quick and easy to learn.

What kind of things are you looking for in university life? Nightlife? Pubs? I'll be happy to answer any specific questions you have

Josh
Hi. I’m stuck between Sheffield and Liverpool but the main thing I’m stuck on is nightlife😫 I’m into house/techno and rave kind of music. Would there be a lot for me to do in Sheffield?
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Roisin_x)
Hi. I’m stuck between Sheffield and Liverpool but the main thing I’m stuck on is nightlife😫 I’m into house/techno and rave kind of music. Would there be a lot for me to do in Sheffield?
Hey Roisin_x
Sheffield has a great nightlife. There's tons of places that you could find for house/techno music.
Funnily enough, a few of my student friends actually make this kind of music as hobbies and play at different clubs.
Places like Sunken Mondays at Tank.

The best thing about student nightlife is that different days often signal different genres. i.e. a Monday at Corp may be Pop music where as a Tuesday at Corp may be Heavy Metal.
You get the idea.

Hope this helps!
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sheffield United? Come on you Blades!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads