The Student Room Group

AQA History revision guides

Anyone any good ideas on aqa history revision guides??? The cgp one looks pretty awful, it dosen't have 2 of the 4 topics I need . If anyone who is currently doing, or has done the 9-1 aqa history gcse, please could you tell me how you revised and recommend any good revision guides. Thanks.
Original post by savvyspark
Anyone any good ideas on aqa history revision guides??? The cgp one looks pretty awful, it dosen't have 2 of the 4 topics I need . If anyone who is currently doing, or has done the 9-1 aqa history gcse, please could you tell me how you revised and recommend any good revision guides. Thanks.

I bought the Oxford AQA GCSE History thematic studies c790-Present Day book which helped me for medicine as it basically had everything I needed and it also has Power and the People and Migration, Empires and the People if you are studing them instead, but this has more detailed notes so I don't know if you would use it for notes. I also use the Understanding the Modern World book which is good for WW1 and Germany, but again this is more detailed and not really a revision guide. I have the My revision notes AQA GCSE History book by Hodder Education but I don't really use this as I prefer having all the information instead of a revision guide, but a lot of people do find it useful. Sorry if this didn't really help for revision guides and what topics are you studying

For revision techniques I would write lots of flashcards and maybe use quizlet for key dates and other information. I would also do essay plans for the 16, 12 and maybe even some 8 markers and make sure that you know the exam technique for every question as it will help you with timing and try to find practise questions in revision guides/textbooks and the AQA website. Mindmaps can also be useful for some peoople so you could use them, but they stress me out too much so I just bullet point information.

Sorry if this information was useless and message me if you have any questions, hope this helps
Reply 2
It's a very good question. I guess people like common experiences and to form cliques as a comfort zone. Large income divisions throw up differences in opportunity and outlook too. Bridging theses income gaps and promoting that we are all human beings is very important for an equitable and wholesome society.
Ask your teacher about it, I did that and I got a 'revision guide' which was basically 4 booklets made by my teacher for each topic however it was exercises and brief notes, although I guess it was better than nothing. Consult you teacher about it and hopefully you'll get a better view. I don't recommend cgp at all either ,it's not specified enough.
Moved to history study help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending