?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Help its 30 marks for edexcel a level Gov and pol chapter 4
Wellnowhe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ultimately it's a comparative between the variable of regional voting preferences and other cultural and strategic reasons to why people vote that way.

Region in regards to voting trends are considerably clear with common voting habits ranging with the north voting for labour and conservative obtaining support in the south, as well noting Scottish nationalism there could be the regional identity linked to voting preference in Scotland, commonly this is down the fundamentals of social development and movement of people, the conservatives dominate the south and shires as they are more socially capable to live in a wider variety of locations whereas those in the north may have stronger social ties to their community and services and due to the electoral desert issues with fptp then these areas consistently show trends with labour unlike class trends in 2017

Turnout can also be defined by region, those in the north are less likely to vote whilst those in the south are more likely whether to preserve a conservative government that acts fiscally in their favour or otherwise to prevent a labour government to do such with their wealth, commonly this translates back to traditional voting habits whereby those in the north are the least engaged in politics due to the lower quality of education and benefit of the south and so more susceptible to disillusion hence why the north overwhelmingly voted to leave in the eu referendum in 2016

That's all I have unfortunately I can relate to your frustration with edexcel, taking the same course they are testing us on almost every point as an essay if they could, I went back to democracy and participation unit realising how much they can test you in, have you testing on concepts such as changes in politics e.g. No longer facing a participation crisis, fptp no longer representative,

Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 10 months ago
A level RPP
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Wellnowhe)
ultimately it's a comparative between the variable of regional voting preferences and other cultural and strategic reasons to why people vote that way.

Region in regards to voting trends are considerably clear with common voting habits ranging with the north voting for labour and conservative obtaining support in the south, as well noting Scottish nationalism there could be the regional identity linked to voting preference in Scotland, commonly this is down the fundamentals of social development and movement of people, the conservatives dominate the south and shires as they are more socially capable to live in a wider variety of locations whereas those in the north may have stronger social ties to their community and services and due to the electoral desert issues with fptp then these areas consistently show trends with labour unlike class trends in 2017

Turnout can also be defined by region, those in the north are less likely to vote whilst those in the south are more likely whether to preserve a conservative government that acts fiscally in their favour or otherwise to prevent a labour government to do such with their wealth, commonly this translates back to traditional voting habits whereby those in the north are the least engaged in politics due to the lower quality of education and benefit of the south and so more susceptible to disillusion hence why the north overwhelmingly voted to leave in the eu referendum in 2016

That's all I have unfortunately I can relate to your frustration with edexcel, taking the same course they are testing us on almost every point as an essay if they could, I went back to democracy and participation unit realising how much they can test you in, have you testing on concepts such as changes in politics e.g. No longer facing a participation crisis, fptp no longer representative,
Oh Girl...thanks for your help....I appreciate it....Good luck for your exams and let me know how they go....what other subjects are you taking at a level...me got pol (obviously), RS, and Psychology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?