The Student Room Group

What would happen if everyone in society was given £10,000 ?

What would happen ?? Maybe nothing would happen. What do people think ?
where is the money coming from, created or taken from a fund?
Reply 2
Inflation would happen, then hyperinflation, then an economic crisis.
The value of the pound (sterling,£) will decrease but pretty much nothing? (It depends on investments and stock exchanges) or stuff like that..
There would be a financial crisis
It wouldn't really change much; having £10,000 would become the norm, i guess. If everyone hade that much money, it would be seen as ordinary.
Some would spend or donate it, others would save it, some would invest it.
Expensive holidays, designer fashion, cosmetic surgery, education, starting businesses.
Just as people do with inheritances, lottery wins and other financial windfalls.
It would make a massive difference to the poorest in society.
Reply 9
Mental health issues will go down, people will be happier and live more fulfilled lives since money stresss would have disappeared
Not much.
Original post by Khonsu
Mental health issues will go down, people will be happier and live more fulfilled lives since money stresss would have disappeared

A one off £10,000 investment would not solve people's money issues in the long term.
Original post by Khonsu

I'm guessing you haven't read about those lottery winners complaining "I won millions and it ruined my life".
Some have threatened to sue and others claim that their lottery wins caused family breakdown or mental illness.
Reply 13
Original post by Andrew97
A one off £10,000 investment would not solve people's money issues in the long term.

Young g, you’re an idiot. For one it might not solve allllll money issues but a lot of them and probs LG most will be solved. Secondly there’s a study that was conducted in Canada about this. So stfu and stop acting like you know anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending