gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by scorpionfish17)
14/1/19
:flute:Full Length Mirror- Beatenberg

Hello again everyone! I’m currently at college but I thought I’d give a quick update! Over the weekend I did two lots of media homework, finished an essay plan for English and did some classics revision. Here’s what my Friday night looked like:
Attachment 793218
I really like this way of structuring my week, check it out if you want, it’s called the Eisenhower matrix.
I finished Persuasion as well! I’m going to start The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy tonight after I’m home from the gym.
That’s all for now, have a good week everyone! :lazy:
Love the look of this, will defo's be trying!
scorpionfish17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
ooh that matrix thing looks awesome:ahee:
I've really enjoyed using it to be honest! maybe give it a try! :thumbsup:
scorpionfish17
Rep:
?
(Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
Love the look of this, will defo's be trying!
I'm curious whether you tried it! Has it been any good for you if you have? I've carried on using it and I'm a fan. :grin:
scorpionfish17
Rep:
?
25/1/19
:flute: Let Me Down Easy- Max Frost

Hello again friends! How has your week been?

I won't lie, mine has been quite stressful. My mock exams start on Monday, and I have my toughest subject up first. We do actually get study leave for it, but I'm not massively great at self-motivation. (Case and point: today is also an inset day, and my acheivements thus far include writing a to do list and reading like 30 pages. Oops.)

But there is always time to turn things around.

I got this book of Maya Angelou quotes the other day and I really like this one: 'Nothing will work unless you do.'

So this afternoon I plan on making another media mindmap, (I might post a photo of those another day), and making a quote poster for Brighton Rock.

Oh- I rarely mention university updates on here, but I thought I'd let you know that I've now recieved all my offers! So hopefully, in a few months time I'll be studying in English Literature and Film. My favourite has offered me BBB, so I'm quite happy with that.

Hope all is well with you guys! Bye for now. :lazy:
scorpionfish17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
11/2/19
:flute: Revolution 1- The Beatles

Hello to anyone out there! I’m back with a mock exam update.

I’ve had a week of college since my mock week and it’s been tough. Tiring. I felt like they should have ended off the half term. I don’t get my results until after half term, but let’s break them down.

28/1: Media Studies
I worked the hardest for this exam, making mindmaps in every single product we’ve studied. It was 2hr 30min and my hand nearly fell off writing 12 solid pages, but I think I answered the questions well and when I read it through, I was happy that I had included a lot of theory and even some criticism in there too. I’m happy with how this one went!

31/1: English Literature
I oddly enjoy lit exams because I like the feeling of accomplishment when you write a load of essays in one sitting. I am on the AQA board and study Othello and Brighton Rock. I liked the extract Othello question, and seeing as I had practiced an extract question the night before, I think it went well. The Brighton Rock question was more difficult as it had several questions in one. I had to consider the ‘varied’ ‘motives’ for ‘betrayal’ and their ‘consequences’ which are ‘fateful’. That’s a lot.

1/2: Classical Civilisations
Several of my friends had finished their mocks by now, so I was getting demotivated. However, I wrote solidly for 2hr 20mins (too long if you ask me). There were so many questions it was exhausting. But I think it went alright.

Normal college is going okay I suppose. I can’t wait for half term and for MEDIA COURSEWORK TO BE OVER. The deadline is this Friday. I’ve got two tiny adjustments to make and then it’s gone from my life forever!

I’ll either update in half term to let you know about some of the revision I’ll hopefully have started, or afterwards with news of my mock results. If you had any, I hope they went really well for you.

Remember- success is the result of the effort you put in. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Bye for now guys. :lazy:
Last edited by scorpionfish17; 3 days ago
_pxmudi_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Good Luck on your Journey :heart:
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Good luck with the coursework and your mock results! :rave:
Hope you have a great half-term :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (47)
9.07%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.7%
No, but I want to start (186)
35.91%
No, I am unable to (121)
23.36%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.96%