The Student Room Group

A level maths videos

Does anyone know any good channels/websites for a level maths (apart from examsolutions and mathsgenie). Both of my teachers are not good so im better off teaching myself the content but i don't feel like these two websites are enough to thoroughly understand everything (i still have gaps). Any advise for a level maths would also be great.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Examsolutions is the best for learning the content (in my opinion), but I see you're already using it.

I get consistent A*s/As for A-Level Maths so i'll tell you how I study for it:
I try to finish the content and be thorough with it as fast as I could by reading the textbook examples and watching youtube videos from ExamSolutions and Jack Brown. I also have a school 'Integral Maths' login which is for the MEI exam board but I love practising from it because the questions are typically more difficult than the AQA ones.

After being thorough with the content, I try to do as many different types of questions for each topic but focus mainly on doing hard questions to prepare myself for worst case scenarios in the real exam. I also write down questions that I struggled with or made silly mistakes on, and I revise that topic again a few days using just the questions sheet. I also skim over this on the exam day, so I can familiarize myself with the hard questions and remember where I make silly mistakes so that I won't mess up and do this in the real exam.

Where I get my Maths practice questions:
Past and Specimen Papers for all AQA, OCR, Edexcel and MEI.
My AQA textbook exercises
Physics&MathsTutor
Madasmaths.com
MathsMadeEasy
Integral Maths
Reply 2
Original post by Infinite Series
Examsolutions is the best for learning the content (in my opinion), but I see you're already using it.

I get consistent A*s/As for A-Level Maths so i'll tell you how I study for it:
I try to finish the content and be thorough with it as fast as I could by reading the textbook examples and watching youtube videos from ExamSolutions and Jack Brown. I also have a school 'Integral Maths' login which is for the MEI exam board but I love practising from it because the questions are typically more difficult than the AQA ones.

After being thorough with the content, I try to do as many different types of questions for each topic but focus mainly on doing hard questions to prepare myself for worst case scenarios in the real exam. I also write down questions that I struggled with or made silly mistakes on, and I revise that topic again a few days using just the questions sheet. I also skim over this on the exam day, so I can familiarize myself with the hard questions and remember where I make silly mistakes so that I won't mess up and do this in the real exam.

Where I get my Maths practice questions:
Past and Specimen Papers for all AQA, OCR, Edexcel and MEI.
My AQA textbook exercises
Physics&MathsTutor
Madasmaths.com
MathsMadeEasy
Integral Maths

Thank you so SOO much for taking the time to reply! This is amazing thanks for the advice! I have been meaning to find a revision routine for maths and because maths is my weakest subject out of my a levels (i do biology chemistry and physics too!) i am trying so many ways to do well (it was my only 6 at gcse-ik bad right. :frown: but i need it for physics because thats what i want to do in the future so im trying everything to bring my maths up to scratch. Sorry i strayed off topic there lool! Anyways thank you so much i will try this for the rest of the school term :smile:
Original post by Misaki24
Thank you so SOO much for taking the time to reply! This is amazing thanks for the advice! I have been meaning to find a revision routine for maths and because maths is my weakest subject out of my a levels (i do biology chemistry and physics too!) i am trying so many ways to do well (it was my only 6 at gcse-ik bad right. :frown: but i need it for physics because thats what i want to do in the future so im trying everything to bring my maths up to scratch. Sorry i strayed off topic there lool! Anyways thank you so much i will try this for the rest of the school term :smile:

No problem and best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest