The Student Room Group

UCAS Firm and insurance choice- V IMPORTANT QUESTION

I received an offer from all my choices; Durham, Warwick, Loughborough, York and Surrey, but I'm unsure what to put down as my firm.

I was wondering if I could place Durham (BBB) as my firm whilst having Warwick (ABC) as my insurance?

I'm almost certain I'm going to put Durham as my firm as I need to get an (ABC or BBB) to study sociology. But for Warwick, Loughborough and York I need an ABB, and Surrey, my lowest initial offer of (BBB).

Thanks!
Original post by michelevetrano18
I received an offer from all my choices; Durham, Warwick, Loughborough, York and Surrey, but I'm unsure what to put down as my firm.

I was wondering if I could place Durham (BBB) as my firm whilst having Warwick (ABC) as my insurance?

I'm almost certain I'm going to put Durham as my firm as I need to get an (ABC or BBB) to study sociology. But for Warwick, Loughborough and York I need an ABB, and Surrey, my lowest initial offer of (BBB).

Thanks!

Where do you want to go the most? Put that as firm and then the reserve second. Its a bit odd you have the reserve with higher grades than the firm as this means its unlikely ever to be used, That said I would keep my firm as the place I really wanted to go to.

Just make BBB and then you dont have to worry.
If you get less then you can use clearing or resit.

Quick Reply

Latest