protein synthesis Watch
2) DNA unzips to allow Messenger RNA (mRNA) access
3) mRNA molecules pair up with 3 appropriate DNA base pairs. (Eg if DNA has ATG codon that becomes UAC in mRNA)
4) the mRNA molecules form a chain and when complete go to Ribosome.
5) Transfer RNA (tRNA) molecules are each attached to an appropriate amino acid.
6) tRNA pairs up with a mRNA 3 base molecule. So our UAC codon pairs with a AUG tRNA and that codes for the amino acid Methionine.
7) the amino acids join to form a polypeptide chain and eventually a protein.
So simply put.
DNA is copied by mRNA in 3 letter codes.
mRNA goes to ribosomes to match with tRNA which brings an appropriate amino acid.
The amino acids link to form a protein.