Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have really bad anxiety and depression and I am seriously considering getting a therapy cat to help cope and calm myself down. However the one big problem with this is that Im going to uni in the summer of 2019. Would I be allowed a therapy cat in student accommodation? I found it hard to find any information on this, I know I guide dog would be allowed but I feel like that is a different situation.
    Dose anyone have any information about this? Or know anyone who was in a similar situation?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BubblegumStars)
    I have really bad anxiety and depression and I am seriously considering getting a therapy cat to help cope and calm myself down. However the one big problem with this is that Im going to uni in the summer of 2019. Would I be allowed a therapy cat in student accommodation? I found it hard to find any information on this, I know I guide dog would be allowed but I feel like that is a different situation.
    Dose anyone have any information about this? Or know anyone who was in a similar situation?
    Unfortunately it's very unlikely. Therapy pets are not generally recognised in the UK, and as there is no regulation of them, it would be very easy for anyone to say that their pet was a therapy animal.

You also need to consider the quality of life of the pet. Even larger uni rooms in halls are too small to keep a cat confined to, and other flatmates may not be keen on having a cat around in communal areas.

ReputationRep:
    Having a cat in halls is totally unrealistic. It wouldn't work.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.