The Student Room Group

Mark Hughes sacked

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2018-12-03/southampton-football-club-statement-mark-hughes-first-team-manager

Southampton in relegation zone, terrible form. Unsurprisingly he is sacked.
Has been coming but who comes in, Moyes maybe? Could see it happening.
Known Bottler

Original post by Rock Fan
Has been coming but who comes in, Moyes maybe? Could see it happening.

Great shout. Same managers on the carosel though. Big Sam?
Original post by Zürich
Known Bottler

Great shout. Same managers on the carosel though. Big Sam?

Yeah big Sam wouldn't surprise me or Pardew
Original post by Rock Fan
Yeah big Sam wouldn't surprise me or Pardew

Pards definitely in the mix.

Pretty much every ex-PL manager in the past 3 years is, other than 'Arry.
Will Mark Hughes get another PL job? He's been poor to average at best during his managerial career imo.

Did a decent job at Blackburn
Flopped at Man City
Flopped at Fulham
Flopped at QPR
Decent job at Stoke (using Tony Pullis squad spine) and with a few years it started to unravel
Flopped at Southampton
Original post by Zerforax
Will Mark Hughes get another PL job? He's been poor to average at best during his managerial career imo.

Did a decent job at Blackburn
Flopped at Man City
Flopped at Fulham
Flopped at QPR
Decent job at Stoke (using Tony Pullis squad spine) and with a few years it started to unravel
Flopped at Southampton

Bit harsh to say he flopped at Fulham, he finished 8th in his only season there. Although yeh, I think most of these old British managers (Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Lambert, Hughes etc) will struggle to get another PL job. Really who's going to appoint them?

Fair play to them getting Hasenhuttel. Total change of direction from the usual appointments.
Original post by sr90
Bit harsh to say he flopped at Fulham, he finished 8th in his only season there. Although yeh, I think most of these old British managers (Moyes, Allardyce, Pardew, Lambert, Hughes etc) will struggle to get another PL job. Really who's going to appoint them?

Fair play to them getting Hasenhuttel. Total change of direction from the usual appointments.

Yea that is fair - I was just looking at win percentage and 8th is a good finish (although only 3 points difference down to Bolton in 14th place so it makes it sound better than it was).

There seems to be enough of them failing recently that we might finall have seen them off..
Very relieved we've sacked Hughes before it hinges on being too late like last season. It looks like we're going to be getting the old RB Leipzig manager, Ralph Hasenhuttl, which is pretty exciting considering he finished second in the Bundesliga with Leipzig. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest