The Student Room Group

Will A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Spanish get me into Medical School?

I'm quite worried as I was originally going to take Bio, Chem and Maths but I've figured, since i'm not great at maths and really dislike it, it would possibly bring down my other grades.
I've done a lot of research, and in order to get into a Russell university I should really make sure I can get AAA at least.

I'm hoping that Bio, Chem and Spanish shouldn't hurt my chances of getting into the medicine course. Especially since Spanish is a facilitating subject.

In Combined Science, I'm currently on a 9/8+ and in Spanish I'm on an 8. From how I'm doing now, hopefully I can get the A's at A-level ??

I'm quite sure I'll be fine but I need to double check - this is such a hard decision to be making at 15. Any insight would be helpful !
Original post by iTMB
I'm quite worried as I was originally going to take Bio, Chem and Maths but I've figured, since i'm not great at maths and really dislike it, it would possibly bring down my other grades.
I've done a lot of research, and in order to get into a Russell university I should really make sure I can get AAA at least.

I'm hoping that Bio, Chem and Spanish shouldn't hurt my chances of getting into the medicine course. Especially since Spanish is a facilitating subject.

In Combined Science, I'm currently on a 9/8+ and in Spanish I'm on an 8. From how I'm doing now, hopefully I can get the A's at A-level ??

I'm quite sure I'll be fine but I need to double check - this is such a hard decision to be making at 15. Any insight would be helpful !

That combination will be fine for all medical schools bar Cambridge.

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-be-a-doctor/
Unless you want to go to Oxbridge or QUB (there might be a few others but they’re generally Russell Group) you should be fine
Original post by OctoberRain7
Unless you want to go to Oxbridge or QUB (there might be a few others but they’re generally Russell Group) you should be fine

Why not Queens?
Original post by ageshallnot
Why not Queens?

I was thinking of GCSE whoops
You actually can go to Queens
I am wondering, did you get into med school? I am thinking of doing the same for a levels and want to make sure that this would work. Thanks
Original post by iTMB

Quick Reply

Latest