How do I search within a thread? Watch

SunTiger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to search for specific words within a thread, how can I do this?
Ben878
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Name:  Capture33333.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  41.6 KB
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SunTiger)
I want to search for specific words within a thread, how can I do this?
If you are on a desktop, your web browser probably has a search function which works across any website (not just TSR). Simply use CTRL + F (probably Command + F on Mac)
SunTiger
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ben878 (LfL))
Name:  Capture33333.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  41.6 KB
I don't have a tools button, there is a spanner which has shortcuts to pages in the place of the tools button in your screenshot.
(Original post by Acsel)
If you are on a desktop, your web browser probably has a search function which works across any website (not just TSR). Simply use CTRL + F (probably Command + F on Mac)
I meant search within a thread not the page.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't have a tools button, there is a spanner which has shortcuts to pages in the place of the tools button in your screenshot.

I meant search within a thread not the page.
Seems you're on the new/beta look for the forum. This unfortunately doesn't yet have this functionality. What I can offer is if you send me the thread and what you want to search I can give you the links for that search(s?).
SunTiger
Rep:
?
That is just annoying, why roll out a new incomplete interface and force it on users, I don't remember being given an option to change. Can I revert back to the old version?

As for the purpose of this thread I will PM you the details. Thanks
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That is just annoying, why roll out a new incomplete interface and force it on users, I don't remember being given an option to change. Can I revert back to the old version?

As for the purpose of this thread I will PM you the details. Thanks
Can't really say too much about the roll out method as im a volunteer and don't work for TSR but it was initially rolled out for a small portion of users then gradually increased. There's no built in way of reverting and eventually everyone will be using it.

Responded to the PM. Let me know if there is anything else you need :yep:
Youngkeynes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
Seems you're on the new/beta look for the forum. This unfortunately doesn't yet have this functionality. What I can offer is if you send me the thread and what you want to search I can give you the links for that search(s?).
when will it work?im on the new one too and i hate looking through 100s pages to find one thing
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Youngkeynes)
when will it work?im on the new one too and i hate looking through 100s pages to find one thing
Feel free at any time to PM me a thread you want to search and what you want to search for. Otherwise I couldn't answer.

There are changes to the backend of the search function happening soon:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5760772

But in terms of frontend option on the new design...adamstrawson OR richy8888 might be able to answer :beard:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (87)
18.87%
Labour (226)
49.02%
Liberal Democrats (61)
13.23%
Green Party (28)
6.07%
Brexit Party (6)
1.3%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.65%
SNP (10)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.65%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.3%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)