The Student Room Group

2019 Veterinary Nursing Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by **Meg**
Hi
I have applied for NTU, Hartpury and RVC. I have got an interview for Nottingham and Hartputy but haven’t heard anything from RVC yet.
Has anyone else heard from RVC yet?

Congrats on your offers! My Hartpury interview is the 6th Feb, yours?
Reply 21
Original post by Pixiedust99
Hey Guys! I’ve an interview for Hartpury soon! Offer from myerscough but waiting on Napier and Bristol getting back to me! ...Any one have any idea’s of interview questions?

Hey I have an interview for Hartpury soon as well! In the letter it said that the interview was going to be asking about your work experience so I’m assuming they’ll be asking about the sorts of things you saw on and about what the vet nurses role was. They didn’t really give much detail about specifics though...
Reply 22
Congrats on your offers! My Hartpury interview is the 6th Feb, yours?

Aha I have just seen this 😅. My interview is on the 25th of January.
Original post by **Meg**
Hey I have an interview for Hartpury soon as well! In the letter it said that the interview was going to be asking about your work experience so I’m assuming they’ll be asking about the sorts of things you saw on and about what the vet nurses role was. They didn’t really give much detail about specifics though...

I got that too, but I thought the exact same! Suppose they don’t want to give too much away lol, however 3-4 hours is very long for an ‘interview’ haha!
Original post by **Meg**
Aha I have just seen this 😅. My interview is on the 25th of January.

Ohh that’s soon 😬..well all the best of luck girl! Is it your first choice or?
Reply 25
Ohh that’s soon 😬..well all the best of luck girl! Is it your first choice or?

I know they are giving a tour of the uni as well so I’m thinking that will take up a lot of the time. The best of luck to you as well!!! My first choice at the minute is RVC but I haven’t heard back from them yet. Is it your first choice?
Original post by **Meg**
I know they are giving a tour of the uni as well so I’m thinking that will take up a lot of the time. The best of luck to you as well!!! My first choice at the minute is RVC but I haven’t heard back from them yet. Is it your first choice?

I’m from Northern Ireland so I flew over in September for the open day- overall was impressed, only thing that wasn’t up to my standard was the accommodation but you can’t have it all ways 🤷🏼*♀️ ahh I didn’t apply to the RVC as I didn’t hear very good reviews about it, but I’m kicking myself now. Yes Hartpury or Bristol, but I haven’t heard back from Bristol yet! Suppose the cut off was only yesterday so I guess they will start to get in contact soon!
Reply 27
I’m from Northern Ireland so I flew over in September for the open day- overall was impressed, only thing that wasn’t up to my standard was the accommodation but you can’t have it all ways 🤷🏼*♀️ ahh I didn’t apply to the RVC as I didn’t hear very good reviews about it, but I’m kicking myself now. Yes Hartpury or Bristol, but I haven’t heard back from Bristol yet! Suppose the cut off was only yesterday so I guess they will start to get in contact soon!

I haven’t been to Hartpury yet so it will be interesting to see what it’s like. Hopefully you hear from Bristle soon 🤞

Hey I'm from NI as well and applied to napier! Congrats on your interviews and Bristol looked so besutiful, but the grade requirements put me off slightly. For interview question advice, I recommend looking at the uni's website if they give any tips and maybe learning a few interview basic questions, but research is a given I'd say
Sorry if this seems slightly irrelevant to the thread but I'll be applying the year after you and I wanted to know what you guys did for work experience? I want to volunteer at an animal charity for the next year or so one day a week, would that be sufficient experience for the course? I'm looking strongly at Bristol, Hartpury and Middlesex if that makes a difference?

Thanks, guys! :smile:
Original post by Mimi2kk1
Sorry if this seems slightly irrelevant to the thread but I'll be applying the year after you and I wanted to know what you guys did for work experience? I want to volunteer at an animal charity for the next year or so one day a week, would that be sufficient experience for the course? I'm looking strongly at Bristol, Hartpury and Middlesex if that makes a difference?

Hey, it depends on the uni. Go on their website and check the vet nursing course and it will tell you what they require. Some want only veterinary practice experience, some want a variety of vet practice and other animal place experience (usually in a solid week block). I have 4 weeks vet practice and I volunteer at a dog rehoming centre. I would recommend sending emails to vets now so you can get a week over summer because they can fill up fast, hopefully this helps you 😊

Heya, was that fab news!! For work experience you will need to have at least 2 weeks in a veterinary practice- the more the merrier! Charity work is brilliant as well but I would say you would be a stronger candidate with more practice work x
Heya, was that fab news!! For work experience you will need to have at least 2 weeks in a veterinary practice- the more the merrier! Charity work is brilliant as well but I would say you would be a stronger candidate with more practice work x

Okay, so how would I go about getting that practice experience? most of them that I've spoken to- if they've replied, have said they can't help me... I've been trying for about six months now! Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 33
Okay, so how would I go about getting that practice experience? most of them that I've spoken to- if they've replied, have said they can't help me... I've been trying for about six months now! Thanks for the help :smile:

Finding work experience in a practice can be really difficult! If they won’t reply to your emails that try going into the practice in person because at least then they have to give you a reply. Hopefully if you can get a placement at one practice then they will take you again and you can complete all of it there. If not, does your school have a person that’s helps you organise work experience? It might be worth asking them if they can help? :smile:

When I was trying to get work experience I found walking in with your CV in hand and telling them exactly what you are looking for was the best way to go around it. Most uni applications do state that you need some time of veterinary experience!
Hi guys! Well done to everyone who has an interview. I have applied to Napier for vet nursing and was wondering if anyone has heard back yet? X
Original post by Meghan Welsh
Hi guys! Well done to everyone who has an interview. I have applied to Napier for vet nursing and was wondering if anyone has heard back yet? X

Hey Girl, I have applied middle of December last year (2018), haven’t heard anything back either yet! X
Hey Girl, I have applied middle of December last year (2018), haven’t heard anything back either yet! X

That makes me feel better lol. I applied at the start of December and still waiting. Wish we would hear something. Have you applied anywhere else? X
That makes me feel better lol. I applied at the start of December and still waiting. Wish we would hear something. Have you applied anywhere else? X

I know, I check my emails so regularly 😂 yea, I have got an offer from myerscough & have a interview soon for Hartpury. Waiting for Edinburgh & Bristol to get back to me...yourself? X

Hey 🙂 I applied end of October and haven't heard anything back either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending