Am I eating healthy or is this extreme? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Basically I just have grapes and a Banana in the morning, then for lunch I just have pasta and an innocent juice smoothe. Then in the evening I just eat rice. Just want other people's opinion on my diet ive been following alot of nutrionists and vegan type stuff on Instagram and it's influenced my diet a lot.
Timeframer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
it seems like you are eating allot of carbs during the day. there is not much wrong with your diet appart from your lack of protein, i would recomend incorperating either meats like chicken breast or fish (for a lower environemntal impact compared to beef) into your meals or if you want to go vegan adding in relatively large amounts of beans or some other natural protein source (by relatively large i mean about 2-3 cans). hope this helps!
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It doesn't sound too healthy seems that you will probably come up short on protein (as above poster said) and fibre, as well as a whole load of other nutirents and minerals that your body needs, if you aren't already I would recommend either altering what you eat to cover these or at least taking multi-vitamin tablets.
If you want to keep it vegan try adding things into you rice and pasta dieshes - like leafy greens other vegetables, peas potatoes onions etc. And an array of seeds or small nuts (if you aren't allergic to them) For example chia seeds are a great source of protein and fibre.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sounds like you:
- don't eat enough
- don't eat any vegetables
- don't get any protein
- have too much sugar/carbs

Your diet actually isn't healthy at all.
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically I just have grapes and a Banana in the morning, then for lunch I just have pasta and an innocent juice smoothe. Then in the evening I just eat rice. Just want other people's opinion on my diet ive been following alot of nutrionists and vegan type stuff on Instagram and it's influenced my diet a lot.
Smoothies aren't healthy. Either eat the fruit or just drink the juice.

Eating just rice is not healthy - while it's one of the better grains, it doesn't have a balance of nutrition in it, and you can't live on it and remain healthy. Same goes for pasta if you're just having a plate of pasta with nothing else.
foofoochate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That's not varied enough. I don't know why vegans push the idea that a high carb diet is healthy. I think that healthy fats are very important. You should add some olive oil, coconut, avocado and nuts to your diet.

As others have said you need more protein and fiber. So you could add lentils and nuts, and replace the refined grains with wholegrains.

And white rice on its own will cause an unhealthy blood sugar spike.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (31)
11.03%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.56%
No, but I want to start (104)
37.01%
No, I am unable to (59)
21%
No, I chose not to (77)
27.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise