The Student Room Group

TUI Holiday rep summer 2019 (assessment day)

Scroll to see replies

(Original post by Kateparky366)Hi, I'm going to the one on Wednesday at Manchester

Oo cool! I’ll be able to see you there, I got an email to say there ringing me but still nothing have they rang you yet?
Original post by Alexc95
When did you all submit your video part for the 2 minute sales pitch? You will have to let us know how you get on with the experience day and what it entails. GOOD LUCK

Hi, I submitted mine on 27/01 and they got back to me the next day
Original post by Lozza6789
(Original post by Kateparky366)Hi, I'm going to the one on Wednesday at Manchester

Oo cool! I’ll be able to see you there, I got an email to say there ringing me but still nothing have they rang you yet?

Yeah I got the same email and haven't heard anything back. What are you wearing? I don't have a clue what to wear as it says smart casual
Original post by Lozza6789
Hi, I submitted mine on 27/01 and they got back to me the next

Mine was the same, I sent mine off on a Tuesday night and found out Wednesday afternoon the next day
Original post by hholmes150054
Had my assessment day on wednesday and got offered a job today 😊 if anyone wants to know what to expect etc then just ask!

Hey, firstly congratulations. How Amazing!! Just wondering what the day consists of so i can prepare for mine, I have mine this saturday and i've struggled to find any insight online as to what the day consists of. Any info would be amazing.Thanks, Lucy xxx
Reply 25
Original post by LucyNorman1996
Hey, firstly congratulations. How Amazing!! Just wondering what the day consists of so i can prepare for mine, I have mine this saturday and i've struggled to find any insight online as to what the day consists of. Any info would be amazing.Thanks, Lucy xxx

I am the same Lucy, where are you going for yours? I’m having mines in Edinburgh :smile:! Would love some insight into what happens on the day. Alex x
Aww really, mines in the East Midlands🙈 what airport base have you applied for? I’m soo nervous. I’ve done an assessment day before but it was for British airways. Which was a doddle believe it or not, TUI seems so complicated😭Xx
Reply 27
Original post by LucyNorman1996
Aww really, mines in the East Midlands🙈 what airport base have you applied for? I’m soo nervous. I’ve done an assessment day before but it was for British airways. Which was a doddle believe it or not, TUI seems so complicated😭Xx

Aw totally far away haha! I applied for the holiday rep (hoping if I get any further) it’ll be Tenerife based haha! This has to be the hardest application I have every submitted in my life so many questions and role playing then an assessment - will hopefully be worth it in the end 🤞 good luck for Saturday ! X
Hi everyone I have my assessment day 9th March in Manchester anyone else the same day?
Hi! I’ve got my assessment day on the 9th March for a kids holiday rep! I’d really appreciate some tips and advice about the day and what to expect! thank, Laura x
Hi! I’ll be at the assessment day in Manchester on the 9th too!😊
Original post by Hollyrey25
Hi everyone I have my assessment day 9th March in Manchester anyone else the same day?
Reply 31
Original post by Erica_mai
Hi! I’ll be at the assessment day in Manchester on the 9th too!😊

Have fun and good luck 👌 the assessment day is a lot harder than I expected -
It’s a great fun day and a lot of roleplay just be confident in what your saying and selling
Thank you so much!!
Original post by Alexc95
Have fun and good luck 👌 the assessment day is a lot harder than I expected -
It’s a great fun day and a lot of roleplay just be confident in what your saying and selling
Anyone going to the Experience day in Manchester on the 7th?
Reply 34
Hey how did you all get on at your assessment days? I’ve got mine on the 20th March in Birmingham! Any advice or tips please? :smile:
Original post by JEBrown1
Anyone going to the Experience day in Manchester on the 7th?

Hi, Im going to the experience day tomorrow for the fitness rep job
Reply 36
Original post by Annrose
Hey how did you all get on at your assessment days? I’ve got mine on the 20th March in Birmingham! Any advice or tips please? :smile:

Good luck! The assessment side of things is generally get to know about the business and then you will do a short introduction of yourself which is a fun way to know everyone in your group, you will get two roleplays and a group exercise so make sure you voice yourself in the group exercise and the roleplays are a angry customer and a sale of an excursion. Just be yourself and upbeat / positive you’ll fly through it :smile:!
Reply 37
Hello, I have my ine next Wednesday ! I would like to know which kind of role play they will do and what they ask in the interview? Thank you so much 😊
Reply 38
Original post by Kozete
Hello, I have my ine next Wednesday ! I would like to know which kind of role play they will do and what they ask in the interview? Thank you so much 😊

Hi Kozete, good luck for the interview,
First roleplay is an angry customer and you have to resolve the situation think about what you will do but many different scenarios
Second roleplays is selling an excursion
But you also have a group stage aswell
Reply 39
Original post by Alexc95
Good luck! The assessment side of things is generally get to know about the business and then you will do a short introduction of yourself which is a fun way to know everyone in your group, you will get two roleplays and a group exercise so make sure you voice yourself in the group exercise and the roleplays are a angry customer and a sale of an excursion. Just be yourself and upbeat / positive you’ll fly through it :smile:!

Aw thank you so much! Fingers crossed it all goes well! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending