Official 2019 Cambridge Postgraduate OFFER HOLDERS Watch

jenniferm97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Got an offer for Mphil in Architecture and Urban Design last week, and I'm anxiously waiting to hear about colleges now- hopefully it wont be too long!
Last edited by jenniferm97; 1 month ago
angelabai
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have an offer for MPhil in Architecture and Urban Studies - and will be in Hughes Hall!
StephenJay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
IELTS guidance and assistance available along with study materials in PDF for both academic and generall candidates
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kingkong13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone else waiting on a college response from Trinity? They're my 1st pref and it's just over two weeks now since I received my course offer
ashleyrb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kingkong13)
Anyone else waiting on a college response from Trinity? They're my 1st pref and it's just over two weeks now since I received my course offer
Trinity is my first preference too, though I’ve only been waiting just over a week. What course are you doing?
Tunde20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have been nominated for a "match-funding" by my Department, who has an idea of what match-funding means?
ThisModernLove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tunde20)
I have been nominated for a "match-funding" by my Department, who has an idea of what match-funding means?
Are you an EU student? I know that EU students can get fees paid for by AHRC (the OOC Doctoral Training Partnerships) but they’re not eligible for the stipend and therefore would need to be match funded by a college/Cambridge Trust (?) in order to cover living expenses.

But congratulations on being put forward for funding!
Last edited by ThisModernLove; 1 month ago
Tunde20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ThisModernLove)
Are you an EU student? I know that EU students can get fees paid for by AHRC (the OOC Doctoral Training Partnerships) but they’re not eligible for the stipend and therefore would need to be match funded by a college/Cambridge Trust (?) in order to cover living expenses.

But congratulations on being put forward for funding!
ThisModernLove Thank you very much. I am an international student.
histmphil96
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all, has anyone heard from Christ's yet or have any idea what their turnaround time is?
TwoLimes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Been given my offer and allocated to Newnham in the space of about 2 hours, blimey.
nghinguyen.295
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HCB97)
Anyone working in the Pharmacology dept?
I'm starting on the MPhil Therapeutic Sciences course (launched this year) and wondered if others from the course or related courses are here xx
Hello there! I believe we will study together in the same course
username3500382
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know why a college might not offer you a place?

I was hoping to be a 'strong' candidate as I got an offer for a History Mphil just over three weeks after applying for the January deadline but now I am losing hope of getting funding
ThisModernLove
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TwoLimes)
Been given my offer and allocated to Newnham in the space of about 2 hours, blimey.
Congratulations! Newnham was my second choice - I absolutely loved it when I went round on the open day. Those grounds!!
HCB97
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nghinguyen.295)
Hello there! I believe we will study together in the same course
Fantastic! Ive sent you a message to chat about the course!
TwoLimes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ThisModernLove)
Congratulations! Newnham was my second choice - I absolutely loved it when I went round on the open day. Those grounds!!
Thank you! It looks stunning online but I haven't actually had a chance to look round in person, so I'm glad to hear good reviews. Website seems to suggest graduates live in wee cottage-like houses off site, is this what they said on the open day?
ThisModernLove
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TwoLimes)
Thank you! It looks stunning online but I haven't actually had a chance to look round in person, so I'm glad to hear good reviews. Website seems to suggest graduates live in wee cottage-like houses off site, is this what they said on the open day?
They didn't show us round the graduate accommodation but our 'tour guide' said that graduates lived in houses that were close to the main site. I also really liked the MCR and the Library.
kingkong13
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashleyrb)
Trinity is my first preference too, though I’ve only been waiting just over a week. What course are you doing?
I wonder if they do rounds of offers, so process a few weeks worth in one go...

I'm doing an mphil in economic and social history. What about you?
Caffe_sean1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shkounyaref)
Hey folks - I’m a US applicant got admitted into the Computer Science PhD program, and am trying to figure out my chances of getting funding, as it seems pretty different from the US where the top programs basically guarantee funding upon admission.

Does anyone know the rough percentage of Computer Science PhD that get funding, especially with regards to overseas students? I mainly applied to Cambridge Trust, Gates Cambridge (didn’t get a notification yet so guessing that’s not happening), and 2 college studentships, but I’m guessing all of those options are going to be super competitive… I was initially pretty excited to get the offer, but wondering if that was actually the easy part
All I can say is email the department that gave you offer to ask if they nominated you for scholarship competitions. If they say no, no hope.
GregoryCooper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emilyamerican)
Hi all, has anyone heard from Christ's yet or have any idea what their turnaround time is?
Hey, I put Christ’s as my first and it took them about a week and a half to accept, but this was in November so it might be a little bit longer. Good luck and potentially see you there!
garbageavocado
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone heard back from Clare College yet? They've had my application for a week and I know that's the blink of an eye in Cambridge time but I'm desperate to hear anything back!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.98%

Watched Threads