Official 2019 Cambridge Postgraduate OFFER HOLDERS Watch

histmphil96
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GregoryCooper)
Hey, I put Christ’s as my first and it took them about a week and a half to accept, but this was in November so it might be a little bit longer. Good luck and potentially see you there!
Thanks! What are you studying?
GregoryCooper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emilyamerican)
Thanks! What are you studying?
Political thought and Intellectual History, what about yourself?
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is your topic? You could still be eligible for ESRC funding in addition to the VCs awards etc
HCB97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone had their academic aspect of the offer 'completed' on camsis? Mine still says 'outstanding', it's been about 7 weeks -- I emailed them and they said they'd look at it, that was 10 days ago
histmphil96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GregoryCooper)
Political thought and Intellectual History, what about yourself?
Early Modern History
ufj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How long did it take you guys to get your self service account details? My portal went to "conditional offer made" on Friday afternoon, but I am still yet to receive an email.
histmphil96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ufj)
How long did it take you guys to get your self service account details? My portal went to "conditional offer made" on Friday afternoon, but I am still yet to receive an email.
Mine came in less than an hour. After it's been 48 business hours you should probably email.
liz.biomed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all! Did you accept your offers right away? Or did you wait until you solved all your conditions?
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by liz.biomed)
Hi all! Did you accept your offers right away? Or did you wait until you solved all your conditions?
Doesn't make much difference, but the convention is to accept all and then decline when you hold the offer you want/your final hand.
Last edited by threeportdrift; 1 month ago
liz.biomed
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Doesn't make much difference, but the convention is to accept all and then decline when you hold the offer you want/your final hand.
Great! Thank you!!
Geoapp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anybody know if we have to accept our offers to be considered for Cambridge Trust funding, or are we automatically considered if we checked the box whilst we were applying?
ThisModernLove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HCB97)
Has anyone had their academic aspect of the offer 'completed' on camsis? Mine still says 'outstanding', it's been about 7 weeks -- I emailed them and they said they'd look at it, that was 10 days ago
One of mine came through within 5 working days. However, I sent it electronically through Digitary. Perhaps the physical process around receiving post takes longer but... 7 weeks?? Graduate Admissions seem to be inundated at the moment though, so maybe leave it 10 working days (two weeks) before contacting them again?
yfconan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Geoapp)
Does anybody know if we have to accept our offers to be considered for Cambridge Trust funding, or are we automatically considered if we checked the box whilst we were applying?
Cambridge trust automatically considers your application. Your conditions won't be included in the assessment.
Kemosabe99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Buzzed to finally be able to post on this thread. Guess all that is does is start the wait for funding news though!

Anyone know if St Johns are quick at making a decision on applications or not?
jbo123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Got my offer for PhD Sociology today! Now the wait for funding and college membership begins!
jenniferm97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kemosabe99)
Buzzed to finally be able to post on this thread. Guess all that is does is start the wait for funding news though!

Anyone know if St Johns are quick at making a decision on applications or not?
St John's was my first choice and it took three and a bit weeks to be offered a place! They sent an email about a week after that.
Kemosabe99
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jenniferm97)
St John's was my first choice and it took three and a bit weeks to be offered a place! They sent an email about a week after that.
Well done on the offer! Three and a half weeks wait is a bit excessive mind haha.
jenniferm97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kemosabe99)
Well done on the offer! Three and a half weeks wait is a bit excessive mind haha.
Thanks! It did seem a bit inhumane, I got my offer the day I had texted my parents complaining about the wait! Hopefully you wont be kept in limbo for as long!
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
PhD Education Application - 5th December
Interview - 14th Jan
Jumped from dept to GAO - 6th Jan
Conditional offer made -19th Feb

I can’t access the conditions until I get access to my self service account. As I’ve already graduated and submitted my Masters certification does anyone have any idea what the possible conditions may be?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ThisModernLove
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 9882)
PhD Education Application - 5th December
Interview - 14th Jan
Jumped from dept to GAO - 6th Jan
Conditional offer made -19th Feb

I can’t access the conditions until I get access to my self service account. As I’ve already graduated and submitted my Masters certification does anyone have any idea what the possible conditions may be?
Yup - you will have ‘Academic’ conditions which will involve sending certified copies of your transcripts (as opposed to pdf’s uploaded for the application); ‘Financial’ conditions which is basically filling out the financial undertaking form saying you have sufficient funds to cover your course fees and living costs for the duration of your course; ‘College’ conditions which you don’t need to worry about - this will be ‘completed’ when you’ve been accepted at a college; if you’re an international student you’ll have to upload a copy of your passport; and you’ll also have to upload a photograph for your future Cambridge ID. These are the ‘conditions’ for those who already have the required grades for the course they’re applying for. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.59%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.65%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (112)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.81%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.72%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed