Official 2019 Cambridge Postgraduate OFFER HOLDERS Watch

Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Brilliant thank you yes that helps!
In that case it sounds like there’s no such thing as an unconditional offer😂 Hopefully you have time to see if you’ve been successful gaining funding before you’re required to commit financially
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Val2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys! I recently received an offer to study MPhil neuroscience, and was allocated to Fitzwilliam college yesterday! Has anyone been to Fitzwilliam before? I'd love to get some idea of what it's like!
histmphil96
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just got accepted at Christ's College after exactly 10 days of waiting!
HCB97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was wondering if there are any intercalating medics?

I have a little problem and was wondering if others have come across it. I have an offer, they received my transcript about 8 weeks ago, they haven't approved it or said anything -- I don't have a degree certificate as I am 4/5 years through a medical degree, so I only have the transcript (I'm taking a year out to do the mphil)

I emailed grad admissions about 3 weeks ago, they said they'd pass it on to the person doing it -- I'm a bit concerned I've still heard nothing (I emailed again last week).

Any advice would be appreciated!
abravenewworld
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kemosabe99)
Well done on the offer! Three and a half weeks wait is a bit excessive mind haha.
Haha probably not as excessive as you think, given it receives almost as many grad apps as Trinity.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jgradschool
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi Y'all. Glad to be able to post on this thread.

Self-Service currently says "Seeking College membership", does that mean my 1st and 2nd choices have rejected me and I've been pooled?

How do you know which colleges are considering you?

What are the statuses you can get for college placement?
ThisModernLove
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jgradschool)
Hi Y'all. Glad to be able to post on this thread.

Self-Service currently says "Seeking College membership", does that mean my 1st and 2nd choices have rejected me and I've been pooled?

How do you know which colleges are considering you?

What are the statuses you can get for college placement?
No. It means that your application has been sent to your first choice college for consideration. Should they decide not to take you you, you will see something like 'Rejected by first choice college. Seeking college membership' at which point it will go to second choice, and so on...
Jgradschool
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThisModernLove)
No. It means that your application has been sent to your first choice college for consideration. Should they decide not to take you you, you will see something like 'Rejected by first choice college. Seeking college membership' at which point it will go to second choice, and so on...
Thank you!
ThisModernLove
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jgradschool)
Thank you!
You’re very welcome ☺️ Fingers crossed for your first choice!
Jgradschool
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’re very welcome ☺️ Fingers crossed for your first choice!
I'm not sure my 1st choice is my 1st choice anymore. Now that I know I'm in, the practicality of funding my studies is drawing ever closer. I'm not fussed about my college as long as I get some funding.
histmphil96
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is an incredibly stupid question but.... the site says to upload a photograph ASAP, and I'm trying to do that but every time I try to do the dimensions my face looks smushed. How do I do this correctly??
ThisModernLove
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by histmphil96)
This is an incredibly stupid question but.... the site says to upload a photograph ASAP, and I'm trying to do that but every time I try to do the dimensions my face looks smushed. How do I do this correctly??
I'm no IT expert but it sounds like the image you're trying to resize is the wrong layout for their (very) specific dimensions. Is it in landscape? Have you tried cropping the image to the required dimensions rather than resizing it?
histmphil96
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm no IT expert but it sounds like the image you're trying to resize is the wrong layout for their (very) specific dimensions. Is it in landscape? Have you tried cropping the image to the required dimensions rather than resizing it?
Oh wow, that is very obvious I will do that. Good thing my IT skills weren't considered in my application!
Jasonmorgan1997
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! I'm currently in status 'seeking college membership' and my first preference is Trinity. I read somewhere that it helps your college application if your supervisor went to that college. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? And if so, would that only be for PhD's, or also for MPhil's? I'll be doing an MPhil (in Finance), so don't even know why I was appointed a supervisor, but he went to Trinity.
Kemosabe99
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jasonmorgan1997)
Hey! I'm currently in status 'seeking college membership' and my first preference is Trinity. I read somewhere that it helps your college application if your supervisor went to that college. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? And if so, would that only be for PhD's, or also for MPhil's? I'll be doing an MPhil (in Finance), so don't even know why I was appointed a supervisor, but he went to Trinity.
Nah it doesn’t
alevin11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone heard from Trinity?
allujallu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jasonmorgan1997)
When did you get your offer? If only recently, that might decrease your chances of getting accepted unfortunately. Also, where are you from? Have not heard that the college of the supervisor would affect very much (current MPhil student at Cambs), but who knows. Hope it will work for you!
kingkong13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Finally accepted at trinity after six weeks waiting!
HenryWottonYu
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone. Congratulations to you all! My status has been stuck at GAO since 13th Feb(at least cuz I did not check before that date). Today is the 10th working day since 13th. So nervous. Besides, the entry requirements listed on the course website ask for a 2.1 Is there any chance they will adjust the entry requirement to a First-class based on your performance?

I am still not an offer-holder yet. I am sincerely sorry if I break the rules by posting here.
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by histmphil96)
Oh wow, that is very obvious I will do that. Good thing my IT skills weren't considered in my application!
Make sure your picture is one you can live with, it will be on your id card forever!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads