The Student Room Group

Should I stick to full-time or part-time education for my third year at college?

Hi! I am predicted A*AA for my three A2 subjects (French, English Literature and Chemistry respectively). I picked up AS History this year as I want to apply for a History and French joint honours at uni. I don't have a predicted AS grade, as no written work has actually been set or assessed yet.

I will have to stay at college for a third year in order to take History to A2 level, which I'm doing. However, I am not sure whether to pick up some new AS subjects/take my dropped AS to A2 to avoid the part-time fees (which I've heard are worryingly high) and prove I can handle a large workload, or to just do A2 History and an EPQ. The advantage to the latter is that these extra AS grades won't really count for anything, and I'll be able to work days as well as nights to try and save up the money to attend uni in the first place. On the other hand, I am terrified that even a good grade at A2 History will look unimpressive to admissions if they see that it was the only subject I was studying at the time.

Does anybody have any idea if this is the case, or am I just being paranoid? ^^'
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending