The Student Room Group

Why do people go out looking for girlfriend/boyfriend?

I can't get my head around why people would go out actively searching for a romantic relationship. I don't understand the idea of dating apps like Tinder or blind dates. I hate dating with the intention of entering a relationship, I just get that awkward pressure to flirt and present myself in the best possible way - and have ended up spending a lot of time and money.

I'm not saying that people should just sit on their couch all day and watch Netflix, the perfect person isn't just going to magically appear. I think people should go out and search for meaningful, stable relationships with trust, but be open to romance.

Want to hear your opinions.
Original post by Anonymous
I can't get my head around why people would go out actively searching for a romantic relationship. I don't understand the idea of dating apps like Tinder or blind dates. I hate dating with the intention of entering a relationship, I just get that awkward pressure to flirt and present myself in the best possible way - and have ended up spending a lot of time and money.

I'm not saying that people should just sit on their couch all day and watch Netflix, the perfect person isn't just going to magically appear. I think people should go out and search for meaningful, stable relationships with trust, but be open to romance.

Want to hear your opinions.

Wait I'm confused. You don't get why people go out searching for a romantic relationship but them say people should go out and look for a meaningful relationship? I don't understand the difference.

Quick Reply

Latest