I have a 12 mark question but don't understand the wording

Watch
Marmeat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I know what I'm doing when answering a 12 mark question however, in this question, "Assess the role of international migration in the globalised economy", I'm unsure as to what it means by "globalised economy". I've googled it and can't find any results. Any ideas?
BrDy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it means the economy in regards to globalisation, or the economy which has been affected by globalisation
So TNCs, international firms, possibly any of the EU as it is a regional trade bloc with economic integration
Anything to do with remittances I guess
Not entirely sure though, weird question
iNeedHelpplz123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I believe that the globalized economy is just the general economy of countries. They've worded it like that because they are referring to migration having an impact in multiple country's economies. I would talk about migration of skilled people from different countries into an economy such as the UK with Polish migrants, and how they filled in skill gaps, majority building or labored work. Also, I would talk about migration at a global scale, how its role is benefiting LIDC's such as remittances and giving income to families, improving their quality of life. message me if you need any more help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
36.97%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.37%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (19)
15.97%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed