amykatherine06_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have my speaking presentation in a couple of weeks and I’ve chosen to do mine on gender inequality and the steps taken for it to be abolished. I have all the key information but I’m not sure about how to start the presentation. Can anyone help me out?
Wowwww1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can make the start the speech with something directed to the listener. Like "Picture this:...." but use techniques (Direct Adress, Alliteration, Facts, Rhetorical Qs, Emotives to name a few) to make it interesting
Starfish58
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wowwww1's answer is a good way to start; another is to begin with a really shocking statement - maybe 'I don't believe in gender equality' - something which will really grab your audience. How long must you speak for? Can you use a PowerPoint to assist you?
amykatherine06_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wowwww1)
You can make the start the speech with something directed to the listener. Like "Picture this:...." but use techniques (Direct Adress, Alliteration, Facts, Rhetorical Qs, Emotives to name a few) to make it interesting
thanks I really like that idea!
amykatherine06_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Starfish58)
Wowwww1's answer is a good way to start; another is to begin with a really shocking statement - maybe 'I don't believe in gender equality' - something which will really grab your audience. How long must you speak for? Can you use a PowerPoint to assist you?
thanks for your idea! we can speak for 5-10 mins and we can use PowerPoint
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When you use facts, do you need to reference coz i didn't. Am I at risk here???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (32)
13.91%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
21.74%
Live streaming events (22)
9.57%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (23)
10%
A uni comparison tool (53)
23.04%
An in-person event when available (50)
21.74%