The Student Room Group

Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering

If I want to study Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering in university is taking Physics, Maths and DT for my A-levels a good choice?
Take further maths if you can manage 4. It is amazing for aeronautical/ mechanical.
Absolutely fine, you can even change DT to something else if you would prefer.
Reply 3
Original post by Mr.noname
Take further maths if you can manage 4. It is amazing for aeronautical/ mechanical.

It's definitely a strong choice. However, you will find that further maths concepts will be taught at first year at university (possibly excluding oxbridge). If you are planning on potentially going to oxford / cambrdige, take further. If not, i'd recommend another technical subject (maybe computer science or chemistry) to keep your knowledge broad.

Just my opinion.
Reply 4
perfect choices, you don't need to do further maths but it would look better if you did. You could do it for AS along with your other 3 A-levels
Original post by am8665
If I want to study Aeronautical/Aerospace engineering in university is taking Physics, Maths and DT for my A-levels a good choice?

DT may take up a lot of time and isn't required. Further maths helps for engineering so if you like maths maybe you could do:

Maths
Further Maths
Physics
(AS) DT

Quick Reply

Latest