Turn on thread page Beta

Clothing and parents. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I love clothing, I love putting outfits together and experimenting but my mum won’t give me a break. I’m nearly 17, and she’s still telling me what I can and can’t wear and what I can put on my face and what I can’t. It’s getting on my nerves and she always gets her way and I end up not wearing the clothes. She’s a bandwagon and always listens to family members who sometimes have misogynistic views on my clothing and I can’t just wear what I want! Any advice?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The only way my mum stopped controlling what I wore is when I moved to a different city to start uni. I guess you can only ignore her until you get a chance to move out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I can understand your situation. Parents always try to protect their child that is why she is getting mean for your clothes. You can talk to her and let her know you are grown up and she should not be overprotecting you. Ask her latest trends and indulge with her for latest fashion magazines.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.