The Student Room Group

Does anyone else like exams??

Poll

Do you like exams?

Am I only the one who likes exams?

Like, there is something so calming about going into an exam knowing that you can ace that paper. Especially when everyone around you is scrambling around trying to cram something last minute... after a four hour study period.

Spoiler

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

I love doing exams, though prefer them when I know what I'm doing
Original post by AzureCeleste
I love doing exams, though prefer them when I know what I'm doing

Yeah, I also think I like the exam timetable. You know, a lot of study periods to relax and stuff.

Even if I don't know what I'm doing, I think I like exams because it shows me that I know more than I think I do.
Yeah, I'm not one for those kind of exams. More like the ones you know you've gotten an A in before you even start.

:h:.

*What happens if you retake the exam 6 times? Can you not proceed to the next level? Like if you are a StR, can you not become a consultant if you fail the maximum number of times??
Well, yes and no - I've accepted that they're a necessary part of the learning process, and they're exciting when you think you'll do really well, and when you're actually writing them it's the best feeling ever when you feel like you've got it and you can't wait for your tutor to read it. However, (especially at A-Level when merely knowing the content is not enough), revision is very stressful and in all of my subjects you have to be writing literally every second otherwise you're just not going to have enough time!!
Reply 5
No, always hated exams as I have terrible handwriting so had to take 10x as long painstakingly writing out everything in non-joined up letters.
Currently a med student. Absolutely loving the thought of those post grad exams XD
Reply 7
Ambivalent about them. I never lost any sleep over them but they aren't my idea of a good time, either.
I like exams because it's satisfying to see everyone cry at your results while you get 100%.
omg.... who even likes exam??? how???
YES... I HATE EXAMS
they scare the ***t out of me(i care about my grades, i hate getting low grades)
i want to kill my self when hearing the word 'exam'
They're boring, stressful.

I hate them. Most of the time I don't care about them very much.
I find exams easy. Just go in, answer questions and leave. Coursework I absolutely despise.
Better than medical school, where if you fail more than one resit, you're basically kicked out. Once you get to post-grad level, at least you know you're a doctor, you've qualified, and there will always be a path for you somehow.
If the test is easy then I LOVE them... if it's difficult with content that we hadn't covered then it's pretty sht
Original post by _Mia101
Am I only the one who likes exams?

Like, there is something so calming about going into an exam knowing that you can ace that paper. Especially when everyone around you is scrambling around trying to cram something last minute... after a four hour study period.

Spoiler

Thoughts?

For some reason I like maths exam, but at the same time, I don't want to do maths exam, same for geography and computer science :/.
Certainly not as much as you, and not directly. Everything you've said is true, i just have had some friends who unfortunately failed their resits and have had five or six years of their life thrown to dust, who would jump at a chance to sit these post-graduate exams just to still 'be in the game' per say.

You're right though. Post-graduate is a beast in and of itself.

How do you even cope?
FF1/2 drs have exams whilst doing 13 hr+ shifts??? I though they had none. I've never asked them that's probably eht :lol:
Original post by AppleB
FF1/2 drs have exams whilst doing 13 hr+ shifts??? I though they had none. I've never asked them that's probably eht :lol:

And then consider this: If you ask a large number of GPs whether they recommend you go into General Practise, most will tell you 'No'.

So put the working, the exams, and then the bleak prospects together and it surely must be hard for them.
Whaaat? I thought once you qualify med school you start working under supervision of consultant and get signed off at the end to progress .What's the point of having exams whilst you're a working doctor? Does this include SHOs??
So even as a SHO and reg the Dr has to go back to uni to do exams?

Quick Reply