Overthinking how do I stop?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have bad anxiety and I've been seeing a guy for over a month, but my overthinking is making me anxious. He's a great guy and when I'm with him everything's great, but when I'm by myself I overthink and get scared I'm going to ruin it (I've had bad experiences in friendships and with my dad before, so I'm a person who is often by myself and struggles to trust), yet I'm finding it difficult to trust myself. I keep worrying that I'll want to go back to being on my own, which I was comfortable with before we started talking, but I'm also worrying that I'm being with him to stop being alone (even though I doubt it as I'm into him and I never felt really lonely before) so despite telling myself everything is actually alright and it's my anxiety, I keep getting panicked, which isn't helped by pms and anxiety keeping me awake (tiredness doesn't help) my anxiety. Any advice here?
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You should see your GP regarding your anxiety.

Trust yourself, everyone makes mistakes and I don't think a minor mistake will ruin it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads