Does the mean I've been rejected? (Not been pooled) Watch

gabrielle22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

So just had my two English interviews on Monday - thought they went really well but apparently so did everyone with those tutors. On Tuesday morning, half of the applicants got to go home, 2 got allocated interviews and the rest were told to wait around.
Of the 10 told to wait around, 4 got interviews on the second day, and the rest (myself included) were told to go home.

Does this means I was pooled and no one wanted to give me a second chance?
I've personally made my peace with this reality but would be great to hear if anyone shares that experience just so I'm able to move on now as opposed to in a month's time.

Cheers xx

Edit: Does 'this' mean I've been rejected? (sorry typed quickly)
Blaki_devi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Most likely you may have been turned down the seat
gabrielle22
Rep:
?
Yeah that's what I figure. It's a real shame because they didn't push anyone during the interviews which is why everyone came out feeling great and therefore ambivalent about their standing...
melliottme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gabrielle22)
Yeah that's what I figure. It's a real shame because they didn't push anyone during the interviews which is why everyone came out feeling great and therefore ambivalent about their standing...
Last year my daughter was not pooled and she was offer a place and now at Oxford. I suppose it either they are sure or they dont think your for Oxford. Which college did you apply for?
gabrielle22
Rep:
?
(Original post by melliottme)
Last year my daughter was not pooled and she was offer a place and now at Oxford. I suppose it either they are sure or they dont think your for Oxford. Which college did you apply for?
I applied to Keble College But it's not the fact that I've not been pooled, it's more that they asked me to wait around for a day only to say that I should actually go home. Was your daughter told she could go home straight away?
melliottme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to Keble College But it's not the fact that I've not been pooled, it's more that they asked me to wait around for a day only to say that I should actually go home. Was your daughter told she could go home straight away?
No kept the whole time and left with everyone else on the saturday. I think its difficult to read how Oxford works. Others she knows were pooled and got in and one like her had no more interviews and she did not receive an offer so thats how I think its "we want you" at your choice of college or we dont think your for Oxford, so dont give up hope. My daughter applied to Brasenose.
QHF
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So just had my two English interviews on Monday - thought they went really well but apparently so did everyone with those tutors. On Tuesday morning, half of the applicants got to go home, 2 got allocated interviews and the rest were told to wait around.
Of the 10 told to wait around, 4 got interviews on the second day, and the rest (myself included) were told to go home.

Does this means I was pooled and no one wanted to give me a second chance?
I've personally made my peace with this reality but would be great to hear if anyone shares that experience just so I'm able to move on now as opposed to in a month's time.
The desire to know now is entirely understandable, but I'm afraid it's impossible to assign hard and fast meanings to these patterns of holding and extra interviewing, or not extra interviewing. What happened to you could be you not getting a place at Keble, being offered for interview at other colleges and then not getting any interest from them. But it could also be, for example, Keble deciding that you should have a place, waiting until they'd seen more of their field of candidates to decide whether that meant a place at Keble or a place at another college, and then accepting you once they had a better sense of their own field.

So while it would be great to be able to move on now, as you put it, I'm afraid the only way to be sure is to wait for notification in January.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (85)
13.34%
1 (86)
13.5%
2 (83)
13.03%
19.31%
21.98%
18.84%

Watched Threads